Canadian’s Abroad Jan 31st - Feb 6th 2020

jordan

11 hours ago, shamrock said:

Davies starts for Bayern, Froese on the bench for 1. fc Saarbrücken.

Davies played the entire game which ended in 4-3. 

Froese only saw the pitch after 115 minutes, but Saarbrücken beat 2. Bundesliga-side Karlsruher SC after penalties (he didn't take one). 1. FC Saarbrücken now the only non-Bundesliga side remaining in the remaining 8. Hoping for another home-draw. 

I think Froese is fine where he is at. Like Big M says, he could promote to 3.Liga, which is probably his level anyways at the moment.

His club is now in the QF of the Pokal, so that's a pretty big deal too. Seems like things are slowly moving in the right direction.

I haven't seen him play for some time, but I always thought highly of his game. I hope he can eventually climb to the 2.Bundesliga, and from there maybe he finds himself back in the national team picture.

He is still only 23/24, so the better part of his career is still ahead of him. There is still time for him to continue his slow but steady move back up the German ladder.

• jordan unpinned this topic
On 2/7/2020 at 9:42 AM, jordan said:

There is a whole slew of errors leading up to the first, but this is your favorite topic so ill leave you to it.

Are there any more polarizing discussions/arguments on this site than:

- Davies: LB or winger

and

- Godinho: "everything is his fault" vs "give him a 7th chance to see what he can do" 

For me, its:

- Davies on the left in a 3-5-2

- Godinho is around 7th-8th on my RB list right now, and i'm not exagerating or joking.  

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Are there any more polarizing discussions/arguments on this site than:

- Davies: LB or winger

and

- Godinho: "everything is his fault" vs "give him a 7th chance to see what he can do" 

For me, its:

- Davies on the left in a 3-5-2

- Godinho is around 7th-8th on my RB list right now, and i'm not exagerating or joking.  

Herdman should be replaced?

My 2 cents is Davies at forward for Canada. Its insane for us to use him as a LB.

Edited by narduch