OneSoccer acquires Concacaf rights until 2023

Rivaldo

It would suck for viewership if 2023 was the Gold Cup we actually make it past the quarters and lose the common viewers from TV. Assuming they didn’t sell the rights to anyone

5 minutes ago, canta15 said:

It would suck for viewership if 2023 was the Gold Cup we actually make it past the quarters and lose the common viewers from TV. Assuming they didn’t sell the rights to anyone

Onesoccer is working to be a listed channel for cable subscribers. It wont be online only by the next gold cup. 

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

I am sure at that point they would do the same as the CPL final and offer it to mainstream channels. 

55 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I am sure at that point they would do the same as the CPL final and offer it to mainstream channels. 

onesoccer will be a regular tv channel on the dial by the next gold cup. They wont be offering up the rights to another tv channel

Maybe. I think they will keep the relationship with CBC as they both make money and it gives them more exposure both for the league and OneSoccer. It is what MediaPro do. They won't be a free to air tv channel but they should see an upswing in sign ups. It is possible they won't be on every cable company to begin with, hopefully they will. 

I would like to think if we made the Gold Cup final they would do what Sky TV did in the UK with the Cricket World Cup Final. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2019/07/05/sky-will-show-cricket-world-cup-free-air-england-reach-final/ 

I will be renewing likely for the year for the Mens Olympic Qualifies and CPL season. I agree with lots of things not actually being followed through on. Lots of discrepancy between the website and mobile/app platforms. Things hard to find and on the website plain not even updated for months.

In the times life got crazy busy for me later in the CPL season, I missed a spate of games or couldn't watch games live. It was annoying to have to wait a day for the replays at which point the results were often spoiled for me and I ended up watching a lot of the game highlights instead which made me question why I was paying. The highlights were great but maybe too great for free!