Joel Waterman

nolando

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, One American said:

Watching highlights of Saturday's game ..... it did not seem good. Marking grass  on one goal. Missing the header clearance on a second, IIRC.

I watched part of the game. He seemed okay. Wasn't any worse than anyone else overall on the day. Seems to be an MLS level player, though I wouldn't call him a sure-starter at this stage. He has a lot of room to grow and has some nice tools, so he'll likely find his way into the national team before long I think. He hasn't been capped at any level so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

What'd you all think of him today? I missed the penalty, and Laryea beat him pretty badly, but I think that distributing ability is starting to translate at the MLS level. Again, those are 2 pretty big errors, but he looks more promising already imo.

He was mostly ok I think.  He didn’t look out of place.

The truth is that Laryea makes a lot of players look bad when he’s on.  Marshall-Rutty delivered a pass where only Laryea could get it and then Laryea made that great move.

It’s hard to be a central defender when a talented player like Laryea gets a ball in that kind of position.

22 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Wow you guys are charitable - he was really bad, got beat on numerous occasions and was reckless. 

Your looking at only the foul that lead to the PK.  Yes he was ball watching and yes that was bad.

The rest of the game he was quite solid.  He had 93% pass completion, lead Montreal in duels won and tackles as well as an assist on the 2nd goal.

I like Waterman. He is good with the ball and plays in the rhythm of the team. He has decent pace and generally defends well, but my one knock on him is his tendency to foul in dangerous areas. We saw it again today. 

Until he resolves this, we cannot rely on him in important games. Depth for games like Aruba or friendlies? Absolutely. Must win games with WCQ on the line? Nope, not yet.

1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

Your looking at only the foul that lead to the PK.  Yes he was ball watching and yes that was bad.

umm no. He got beat on the Laryea goal, got beat by Shaffelburg a few times. He got roasted on /MLS and by Montreal fans for being so bad.