Canada vs Barbados - Jan 10th (Camp Poutine Match #2)

The second match of our 2020 Camp Poutine.

Kickoff: 4:30pm local, 7:30pm EST
http://canadasoccer.com/?gid=1578&t=match

Stream: http://player.vibebyvista.com/e/bnz655nc (You need a Canadian IP address!! - Foreign IPs WILL NOT WORK!)

Starting XI:
http://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1215777888991137792

Piette (out for Shome in the 46th )
Crépeau
Đidić
Cornelius
Teibert
(out for Nelson in the 59th)
Bassong
Osorio (captain) (out for Borges in the 69th)
Brym
Fraser (out for Okello in the 81st)
Akindele (out for Shaffelburg in the 69th)
Laryea (out for Morgan in the 65th)

Win:  +1.12 FIFA points

Draw: -1.38 FIFA points

Loss: -3.88 FIFA points

EDIT: Updated the starting XI with subs. ( @jordan ? you can now un-sticky this thread - thanks :) )

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• RS pinned this topic

You gotta think that Barbados will also be rotating their squad/having a look. So some keys guys will be rested tonight (Piette, Osorio) 

The line up I think we'll see:

Jacob -----------Brym---------Bair
(Nelson) ------Borges----------
----------Teibert---------Shome
Morgan---Derek---Didic---Laryea
(Zorhan)-----Carducci---------------

35 minutes ago, Shway said:

You gotta think that Barbados will also be rotating their squad/having a look. So some keys guys will be rested tonight (Piette, Osorio) 

The line up I think we'll see:

Jacob -----------Brym---------Bair
(Nelson) ------Borges----------
----------Teibert---------Shome
Morgan---Derek---Didic---Laryea
(Zorhan)-----Carducci---------------

I think you got the back 6 spot on, but perhaps Herdman may roll out a 4-2-2-2 again?

If so I suspect we may see another advanced midfielder in there with Borges, possibly Chapman. I could also see Teibert pushing up and Fraser playing with Shome, or possibly Okello with Shome.

In either case I think Jacob starts from the bench.

Edited by Obinna

here's the lineup kinda surprised we kept Crepeau in net

---------------------------------------------------------Crepeau-------------------------------------------------------------------

Laryea----------------------------------Didic--------------------------Cornelius------------------------------Bassong

-------------------------------------------------------------Piette--------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------Tiebert--------------------Osorio------------------Fraser-----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------Brym------------------Akindele-----------------------------------------------------

Edited by SkuseisLoose

Not messing around. Bassong instead of Morgan! Nice to bring a wise head on later in the game though. 

Think maybe Crepeau starting tells you more about what herdman thinks about the level of the other two gks. Hopefully one gets on for some minutes though. Seems silly to bring them both for nothing.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Think maybe Crepeau starting tells you more about what herdman thinks about the level of the other two gks. Hopefully one gets on for some minutes though. Seems silly to bring them both for nothing.

He shouldn't be thinking like that after his blunder in the last match...

Was hoping Borges would get a start, hopefully start the second half at the very least.

Edited by Colliedor

14 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Piette, Fraser and Teibert? Wasn’t expecting all three to start, seems very defensive 

Think it's more about the possession and dominating the middle. If we snuff them out attacking wise again what we have offensively should take care of the game. 

We dont want Piette, osorio or Akindele playing much more than a half though imo.

• jordan unpinned this topic