Euro 2020 - General Chatter

IAmPappy

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

What were the expectations for the Turks?

Few had them as any sort of favourites, but fewer still predicted their results would be this poor. They beat Holland 3-0 a couple of months ago in a WCQ and currently top that group.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

More matches today to decide the knock-out stage. Times in ET.

image.png.674354da87e93294b7807d932562d8d2.png

I got Belgium beating Finland

Russia vs Denmark ends in a draw

Netherlands beats North Macedonia easily

Ukraine beats Austria

Scotland has never been past the group stages at a major tournament.  I don't fancy their chances of doing so today.  

I worry that the England-Czech game will be drab, as they are both through to the next round.  

13 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Scotland’s ‘going out’ is a good example for Canada - that they really need to gain experience by qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, before hosting in 2026.  

If Canada does qualify for 2022, then they are going to be among the world's elite and being in a group with the best teams...yeah Canada I wouldn't like their chances but it would give them that experience for 2026 when they host. So on that I can agree with you but Scotland for the most part were disappointing.

Certainly a top heavy bracket, by reputation at least. 

Ukraine has David's old teammates Yaremchuck and a West Ham player, so nice to see them squeak through. 

Germany's defence looking like Bayern's sometimes. Be nice of England can play like the first half against the Czech Republic and pounce on that. 

Chiesa’s goal was lovely, absolutely lost it when it went in. Difficult game but the mark of a good team is still managing to pull through

Side note, Bachmann really seems to struggle with shots from that angle eh? 👀 

Sorry I just couldn’t resist 😁