Euro 2020 - General Chatter

IAmPappy

14 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

On the media front:  not much chemistry or charisma in TSN's pre/halftime/post match coverage.  Having JDG as the lone guy in the studio with Wileman (while Kevin Kilbane is zoomed in) creates no energy or vibe.  

Needs a third member in the studio with some zest to jazz things up.  

Then who would you suggest 

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

Today's matches.

image.png.536c8c35375433b2ad607976c66616a4.png

Got Wales beating Turkey and Italy vs Switzerland ending in a draw but I have Finland going on a Cinderella story type run which means I can see them even beating Russia today in another upset

Watched a couple of the games yesterday and this is not news but de Bruyne is multiple bags of class.  Almost men against boys when those subs came on in the second half for Belgium against Denmark. 

Also great to see West Ham and Ukraine's Yarmolenko fit and firing.  Feel bad he has struggled so much with injuries. Almost a Doneil story where he broke very soon after he put his pen to a West Ham contract.  

9 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Martin Tyler is far from the best in the business. I can't stand the fucker. Peter Drury is light years better than that arrogant twat.

Interesting.  Sort of the opposite for me. Drury is phenomenally good at crafting sentences and cadence.  Too good almost, to the point of making the moment feel a tiny bit artificial.  He could write football movie dialogue off the top of his head, again amazing but just slightly forced.

I have memories of Tyler's voice breaking and things like the "Aguuueeeroooo" moment when it all felt a bit more like it is when I am there. Horses for courses, I guess.

Right now, I like Darren Fletcher as well and even Jonathan Pierce but that is probably partly because of the stories he can tell about Bobby Moore. 

Nothing will ever replace Motty for me when I was first able to hear commentary on West Ham years ago.

To be fair, I will take any British commentator these days that says Alphonso "Davies" as opposed to "Davis".

Edit: I just thought of some commentary you might enjoy - Language Warning

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

So is Hungary’s Covid cases not a thing has Covid been beaten in Hungary? I don’t get it, but here in Canada the stadiums are still more or less empty. In Hungary the stadium is packed with hardly any masks I don’t get it?

2 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

So is Hungary’s Covid cases not a thing has Covid been beaten in Hungary? I don’t get it, but here in Canada the stadiums are still more or less empty. In Hungary the stadium is packed with hardly any masks I don’t get it?

Orban refuses to acknowledge the existence of Covid-19, no?