Canada vs Barbados - Jan 7th (Camp Poutine Match #1)

24 minutes ago, Addona said:

This would be awesome!!!  We announce 10 more friendlies against Barbados to be played in the next 4 days ... that's right, ES, you see us ...

This goes back to my joke not joke of a Carribean minnow tour. Seriously it's not even a Fifa window and if things go smoothly game 2 we made 2 points.... Let's play this team or another Carribean team 10 more times before June. Joking not joking.

Everything aside, well done lads, job accomplished.

Edited by apbsmith
Congrats

5 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Poorly chested by James.

Poorly handled by Crepeau.

Poor tackle by Godinho.

Everything that could've went wrong in that play, did lol.

Thank god it happened against Barbados lol. 

Hopefully we get Laryea-Cornelius-Miller-Adekugbe (right to left obviously) against Iceland. 

Edited by Bdog

26 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I mean from the tweets Godinho seemed to have a decent game so I'm not going to rag on him for giving up the penalty on a play like that.

James made the first huge mistake, then Crepeau should have smothered that ball. Godinho mistimed a crazy front of goal challenge, it was the least of the 3 mistakes. Goal is on James first of all then Crepeau 2nd.

Multiple players at fault on the goal, but most of the blame goes to James.

He was caught in two minds, not knowing whether to chest the ball to his teammate or head it. Then he tries to make amends, even though Miller was there to close down the attacker. One of them should have tucked in behind to cut out the cross, but neither did and the cross got in.

That's when Godinho decided to go to ground. Wrong decision. Crepeau could have done better also.

Herdman seemed disappointed about the goal and rightly so. Clearly he likes Godinho, because he keeps selecting him and giving him chances. It must be frustrating for John. He also has a player in James who is rusty from not playing regularly at club.

Better now than against Iceland.

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

And Bassong. I expect them to feature on Friday unless they are carrying knocks. 

I saw Borges warming up with the team pre-match, so we know he was a healthy scratch. You're only allowed to dress 23 and 26 were called. 

I was a little surprised Borges (and likely the other two) warmed up despite not being listed, but it does make sense for players to get as many touches as possible, even if they will not play. Really no benefit not to include them when you spend the money to fly them in and your goal is to integrate them.

Edited by Obinna

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

I saw Borges warming up with the team pre-match, so we know he was a healthy scratch. You're only allowed to dress 23 and 26 were called. 

I was a little surprised Borges (and likely the other two) warmed up despite not being listed, but it does make sense for players to get as many touches as possible, even if they will not play. Really no benefit not to include them when you spend the money to fly them in and your goal is to integrate them.

I really hope that the CPL players get some time in the next game. It's starting to look like Herdman doesn't value them as much as he should

11 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

I really hope that the CPL players get some time in the next game. It's starting to look like Herdman doesn't value them as much as he should

I would also like to see them get some minutes so we can see how they fit in, there is no guarantee that they are good enough at this level, I would like to see for myself!