Dream CPL2 - 2020

coppercanuck

I was looking to post this somewhere (hope this is the right spot) and its based in nothing but some of the more credible rumours and the last seasons standings.  Looking at how good the L1O and PLSQ teams have played in the VCup, this started with "I want to see teams like Oakville and Blainville play more often".  So, I started with the East. (side: My Canadian Pyramid would see a CPL2 with 2 groups split East and West)

CanPL 2 East Oakville Blue Devils promoted from L1ON
CanPL 2 East Vaughan Azzurri promoted from L1ON
CanPL 2 East Alliance United FC promoted from L1ON
CanPL 2 East Master's Futbol promoted from L1ON
CanPL 2 East Sigma FC promoted from L1ON
CanPL 2 East AS Blainville promoted from PLSQ
CanPL 2 East CS Mont-Royal Outremont promoted from PLSQ
CanPL 2 East CS Fabrose promoted from PLSQ

Ideally, it would be a balanced number from QC and ON but I didn't want to leave the PLSQ with too few teams.  With Quebec Dynamo folding put a wrench into it.  If Ottawa South and Gatineau could stay and join the PLSQ ... it would help.  The battles in this league could be outstanding, IMO.

With Ottawa Fury dropping out of the USL and the talk of Canadian USL2 teams being organized in a different way ... I tackled the west.

CanPL 2 West Victoria Highlanders Promoted from USL2
CanPL 2 West TSS Rovers Promoted from USL2
CanPL 2 West Calgary Foothills Promoted from USL2
CanPL 2 West SK Selects new
CanPL 2 West WSA Winnipeg Promoted from USL2
CanPL 2 West Thunder Bay Chill Promoted from USL2
CanPL 2 West Kelowna new
CanPL 2 West FC Edmonton 2 new

The West is very tough.  The spread between the population centres, is much different that the Quebec City-Windsor corridor. By staying with the 8 teams as the base, it makes for 14 games (home & home format) which stays with what the teams in USL2 are used to.

The only team missing is TFC2.  I suppose the 2 teams of Whitecaps and Impact could be added.

So the major thought with this format is to allow teams to get some development going and when they are ready for promotion (stadium, ownership, etc) they could be considered.

Ahhhh the off-season. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...