Camp Poutine 2020 in beautiful California

Alex

33 minutes ago, Shway said:

Godinho has double the amount of minutes, and 4pts above relegation... Elvas team is 2pts from the top. Its all relative. 

Yeah, I considered that.  However, even when Elva was on poorer B3 teams, he was not a regular starter.  My point was, just because Godinho gets called, it shouldn't be automatic that Elva does.  Other points, Godinho is two years younger, and we have much more attacking than defending depth.  Having said all this, I wouldn't mind seeing Elva called, and wish him all the best!

6 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Yeah, I considered that.  However, even when Elva was on poorer B3 teams, he was not a regular starter.  My point was, just because Godinho gets called, it shouldn't be automatic that Elva does.  Other points, Godinho is two years younger, and we have much more attacking than defending depth.  Having said all this, I wouldn't mind seeing Elva called, and wish him all the best!

Godinho is a 97 and Elva is a 96.

I also notice that Elva has 15 games and 2 goals in the league so far, while Godinho has 16 games. 

Since Shway says Godinho's minutes are double Elva's, I will assume he is mostly playing as a substitute. With that many sub appearances he is clearly a regular off the bench and has chipped in with 2 goals for a team looking destined for promotion.

Seems like things are going well for him in Germany. I think he'll be in the 2. Bundesliga soon, hopefully next season with his current club.

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

His last game at Zwickau..his team up 2-0 he makes unnecessary foul for the 2nd yellow..opponents come back and equalize finishes 2-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VqPQhyrMDc

What does taking an unnecessary foul have to do with someone's ability to play football?

You can tell someone to not take a foul you can't tell someone to be a better player

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

His last game at Zwickau..his team up 2-0 he makes unnecessary foul for the 2nd yellow..opponents come back and equalize finishes 2-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VqPQhyrMDc

The attacker goes down easy on that one, but that's what clever attackers do. 

Defenders make mistakes and that is a part of development, but Godinho seems to make them more than Layrea and Brault-guillard.

Godinho can grow out of this with time. I remember when Doniel Henry use to make mistakes far more often. He hasn't completely cut them out, but he's much improved and I hope to see the same with maturation with Marcus, because he is an otherwise useful player.

Not a bad squad actually. Happy to see 3 games. Glad to see some of the younger euro based players called, and glad that James will final get a look.

Jayden Nelson is a bit of a weird inclusion, but if he is as talented as hoped he might step up when surrounded by more experienced players. I expected maybe a Ben Fisk as an extra winger, but going young might not be a bad idea.

I expect the majority of the roster will get some playing time with 3 games. It will be exciting to see how our depth players turn up. I think it is important not to have extremely high expectations for these games given the roster though.