Camp Poutine 2020 in beautiful California

Alex

It will be interesting to see who partners Cornelius at the back.  If Herdman goes with Didic, it may be fairly telling about the level of James’ future involvement.  He is already behind Cornelius, Henry and  Vitoria when they are healthy. If Didic gets into this key game ahead of James it doesn’t bode well for future appearances.  

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Piette is staying. Only Shome and Pantemis are leaving for Impact camp.

Shame for shome. (That's a nice one to read) thought he had things ticking over nicely and would have been a nice sub to bring on next week. He isnt a game changer though and if it increasing his chances of minutes in montreal this year going back early I am all for it. 

3 hours ago, Kadenge said:

For those who have watched Didic play in the CPL, how has he done defending vs some of the faster forwards in the league? When Harrycoyster posted on this forum he mentioned that his lack of speed was a reason he did not see any action for SKC in MLS.

I think this was his biggest weakness. He's not the fastest and it showed against speedy players. Can only hope he continues to improve his positioning to make up for it.

13 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

And Vittoria is fast??  Lets face it, if Didic who is 6'4, decent in the air, decent passer PLUS fast he would be trying to make the Bosnian team.  

One of the challenges of playing in Concacaf is that many of the forwards are super fast. Teams like Jamaica,  Mexico, Haiti, Honduras, Panama etc. You may recall what happened to Vitoria in the 2017 GC vs Jamaica. If Didic is paired with a CB who can cover for his lack of speed and he can max his positioning it could work but given our current back 4, I think that's a big ask. Look I hope he continues to develop and becomes another Riccardo Ferreira (minus the injuries) but in Concacaf teams will exploit a slow CB. Haiti were very good at isolating and exploiting our defenders. JH likes to play with attacking FBS but that places added pressure on our holding MF and CBs

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

And Vittoria is fast??  Lets face it, if Didic who is 6'4, decent in the air, decent passer PLUS fast he would be trying to make the Bosnian team.  

Nothing to do with it. slower CB's use their positioning, awareness, etc to deal with pacey players. Didic just has to improve on that a little more. Maybe he learned a thing or 2 during the off season, who knows.

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

Shame for shome. (That's a nice one to read) thought he had things ticking over nicely and would have been a nice sub to bring on next week. He isnt a game changer though and if it increasing his chances of minutes in montreal this year going back early I am all for it. 

Better than Shome for shame.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:17 PM, Shway said:

No excuse not to have all 3, but I'll take it. 

No excuse?  Seriously?  You know that Iceland is good right?  

And is it worth noting that we conceded in consecutive games to Barbados!?  I think we have the capability to beat Iceland on our day, but it is far from expected, so, you know, calm down. 😉

3 minutes ago, RJB said:

No excuse?  Seriously?  You know that Iceland is good right?  

And is it worth noting that we conceded in consecutive games to Barbados!?  I think we have the capability to beat Iceland on our day, but it is far from expected, so, you know, calm down. 😉

I believe they were talking about not all 3 being streamed, not wins.