Camp Poutine 2020 in beautiful California

Alex

9 minutes ago, Kyle_The_Hill said:

Lose*

That's right.. We lose to Iceland, everyone starts crying. We're playing in front of 25 people on the Cayman Island next fall. But hey, 112 people watched from their laptop a game from a community park in Orange County against Bermuda. 

Spell it how ever you want.. in fact maybe spell it noose. Because if they loose against Iceland a bunch of people at the CSA might want to hang themselves. Remember the CPL also relies on revenue from our national team

Edited by SpursFlu

30 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

And this attitude is why we suck. Then we loose to Iceland and everyone starts crying

Just being realistic. I don't see them going through the trouble at this stage. Any work to investigate our squad and plan accordingly was likely done in advance (if it was even done at all).

Obviously I have never organized and executed a successful camp for an international team, but I imagine the vast majority of them design each and every training session ahead of time. 

Now if Iceland plan to 1.wait for the CSA to release video of the Barbados game 2. quickly analyze the match and 3. use it to plan their remaining training sessions, then yes we are shooting ourselves in the foot by providing game material. Very remote possibility though, if you ask me. I am confident releasing footage to the fans won't jeopardize our chances.

By the way, couldn't they just go to the game and film it themselves if they really wanted, or simply just attend the game and take notes?

Edited by Obinna

11 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Translation: Has anyone been following Canada for more than ten years? 

Y'all kids have been spoiled with your streams and your snapchats and your Tiktoks.  This is how it used to be in the glory days.  You'd be lucky if you could find an audio stream of a bunch of Welsh commentators making fun of the Canadian warmups and you'd like it.

I still remember hitting the refresh button on my mom's dial-up internet on the CONCACAF Gold Cup site in 2000....to see we advanced out of the group stage via coin toss.

@Alex maybe we should rename this thread again just "Camp Poutine 2020" and make a seperate thread for each game?

Barbados Game #1 Jan 7th

Barbados Game #2 Jan 10th

Iceland Jan 15th 

Even if we don't get a stream, I'm sure we will analyse the lineups and tactics of each game seperately.

Do other forum members agree?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

34 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@Alex maybe we should rename this thread again just "Camp Pouting 2020" and make a seperate thread for each game?

Barbados Game #1 Jan 7th

Barbados Game #2 Jan 10th

Iceland Jan 15th 

Even if we don't get a stream, I'm sure we will analyse the lineups and tactics of each game seperately.

Do other forum members agree?

I was just thinking the same thing 

16 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/1/7/21054995/canada-vs-barbados-match-preview

"Of note, sources tell WakingtheRed that the only match that may be televised is the game vs. Iceland on the 15. OneSoccer, TSN, or Sportsnet will not be broadcasting the friendlies."

Well this is some positive news, at least the Iceland game may be televised.

@SpursFlu gets his wish :)

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/1/7/21054995/canada-vs-barbados-match-preview

"Of note, sources tell WakingtheRed that the only match that may be televised is the game vs. Iceland on the 15. OneSoccer, TSN, or Sportsnet will not be broadcasting the friendlies."

Well this is some positive news, at least the Iceland game may be televised.

Sounds like a possible web stream

Probably share the costs with the Iceland FA. They must have nerds similar to us that want to watch.

Edited by narduch

3 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I just realized Will Johnson wasn’t called.  This makes me feel Herdman has closed the door to him for the national team. 

Nah, just typical Will Johnson - he definitely would have been in that mix especially since he was involved in the fall.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Nah, just typical Will Johnson - he definitely would have been in that mix especially since he was involved in the fall.

In the press release the identified players who were called and couldn’t make it (Cav, Hamel, Kaye), no mention of Johnson being asked.  I think the fact he withdrew prior to the US game, coupled with his pst attitudes to the national team might have closed the door on him.

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

Sounds like a possible web stream

Probably share the costs with the Iceland FA. They must have nerds similar to us that want to watch.

Fans..the preferred term in fans.

2 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I just realized Will Johnson wasn’t called.  This makes me feel Herdman has closed the door to him for the national team. 

Wait, is Johnson signed with anyone??  Maybe he is trialing somewhere and didnt want to goto Barbados without having a job lined up for the summer.