Ryan Raposo

nolando

• 1 month later...

Made his MLS debut with the Whitecaps and looked really good. Subbed in to right mid. Lots of speed, skill and good passing. He started the play that led to the Caps winning goal. Then made another pass to Ricketts leading to a penalty. Was lively, skilled and made such an impression that he will surely get lots of playing time off the bench. Great start!

It's impressing how much attacking talent is coming out of that 99/00 age group. If Raposo establishes himself as a regular MLS player he potentially pushes Tabla down to fifth or sixth in terms of the CMNT depth chart just in that specific age group. Even if you exclude the generational talents of Davies and David this is still showing signs of being a very solid group. If the 01/02 cycle produces anything close to this level of talent our wing/forward depth could be outstanding for the next decade. Now we just have to hope for a few defenders.

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

Still worried he is a little lightweight but he can adapt to cope, lots of the worlds best have. Really promising performance from him when he came on. Not getting overly excited. Bustos and Froese looked fantastic too.

Bustos and Froese were highly touted but I’m struggling to remember when either shone for the first team save for 45 minutes Kianz had against Seattle in Seattle.

fair point though. 23 minutes isn’t much

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just want to say I think this guy deserves a little bit of love. He’s been playing really well for the Whitecaps this year! He does a lot of the little things really well. He lacks a bit physically but I think he’s a smart player. He works really hard off the ball and can put in a decent cross. IMO him and Gressel should be the first choice wingbacks with the current form of the team. 

5 hours ago, An Observer said:

If he was a CB or even a central midfielder, he might get a sniff. Unfortunately, he plays a position where we have outstanding players plus tremendous depth.

All we need is a new formation that develops that uses two wingbacks per side lmao