Ryan Raposo

nolando

Love this, hope he gets some minutes. 

He looked ecstatic on the draft stream. lol. Maybe it was the delay.

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Congrats, Ryan! Where does this put him on our depth chart for u23s? 

Depends on whether he plays or not. 

Picking a random number in my head probably at least around 20th or more on depth for winger positions presently

From the interview with MDS it seems they definitely see him as a winger and attacker, possible support striker. MDS hinted he will go straight into the senior pool but both (draft picks) will have to prove themselves in preseason. Seems the caps rated him highly and he was their number one choice.

Raposo has stated he prefers to play wide right wing but will play anywhere.

I've only seen clips of him, but this profile of player always intrigues me. Hope he can snag some meaningful minutes for the Whitecaps.

I'm a TFC fan, but I don't hate the other Canadian teams in the way other supporters do (although a lot about the Impact rubs me the wrong way for some reason). I hope all these Canadians at the Whitecaps are successful. I don't necessarily know if or why they are making Canadian talent a priority, but it's definitely interesting.

6 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I've only seen clips of him, but this profile of player always intrigues me. Hope he can snag some meaningful minutes for the Whitecaps.

I'm a TFC fan, but I don't hate the other Canadian teams in the way other supporters do (although a lot about the Impact rubs me the wrong way for some reason). I hope all these Canadians at the Whitecaps are successful. I don't necessarily know if or why they are making Canadian talent a priority, but it's definitely interesting.

This.

Respect and peace, from an Impact fan.

13 minutes ago, El Diego said:

CDN coach.  MDS has brought in CDN everywhere he has been.  Look at Koch down in USL, 3 CDN brought in this year.  We need to develop more coaches, get more doors open for the kids.  I hope some of the CPL coaches can move up to bigger leagues.  

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

CDN coach.  MDS has brought in CDN everywhere he has been.  Look at Koch down in USL, 3 CDN brought in this year.  We need to develop more coaches, get more doors open for the kids.  I hope some of the CPL coaches can move up to bigger leagues.  

If Wheeldon has another season at the top wouldn’t be surprised to see him to move up to at least MLS. That would make his track record USL2 Champion, CPL Spring/Fall Champions, and whatever he does next season. I personally think he is the best tactical coach in the league, so will be interesting to see what happens if he does indeed have another good season. 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:06 AM, toontownman said:

From the interview with MDS it seems they definitely see him as a winger and attacker, possible support striker. MDS hinted he will go straight into the senior pool but both (draft picks) will have to prove themselves in preseason. Seems the caps rated him highly and he was their number one choice.

Raposo has stated he prefers to play wide right wing but will play anywhere.

Showing some versatility coming out of the NCAA ranks helps.  He turns 21 in a couple of months so he can certainly develop into another role if the coaching staff sees that he has potential and he has the attitude and work ethic.  If he has the chops and pace to be a winger, he could be an attacking fullback.  The current starting RB for our NT came out of college as a central midfielder, iirc, but was able to find his niche with TFC.  I'm looking forward to seeing how he looks in preseason action.

26 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Showing some versatility coming out of the NCAA ranks helps.  He turns 21 in a couple of months so he can certainly develop into another role if the coaching staff sees that he has potential and he has the attitude and work ethic.  If he has the chops and pace to be a winger, he could be an attacking fullback.  The current starting RB for our NT came out of college as a central midfielder, iirc, but was able to find his niche with TFC.  I'm looking forward to seeing how he looks in preseason action.

Look no further than Laryea.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually looked very good in the other highlights as well, not just his goal. I wasn't sure he would have the physical abilities for the MLS given his size. But his quickness seems to make up for that, perhaps a bit tchera like. 

13 hours ago, BFBF said:

Actually looked very good in the other highlights as well, not just his goal. I wasn't sure he would have the physical abilities for the MLS given his size. But his quickness seems to make up for that, perhaps a bit tchera like. 

He looks physically a bit like Bustos but had a higher workrate and was very ambitious in the highlights I have seen. Hoping to get out to UBC to see him/them train with my own eyes but he looks very promising indeed.