Sign in to follow this  
yellowsweatygorilla

CanPL added to Football Manager 2020 as official DLC

It was hard keeping the secret, but I am excited to announce that CanPL has been added to Football Manager as an official DLC!

The DLC will be free and the link is forthcoming! Hoping that this provides a massive platform for fans to get to know the league and certainly will lend the league more legitimacy.

For more information, see my tweet below.

Side note: I will keep working on the megapatch - this just gives me more time to focus on the lower divisions :)

Ok, so this is definitely a great effort from SI and encourage everyone to download the DLC to show support for the league. I am also honoured to have been looped in by the league for the announcement.

That said, having a closer look at what was added - I think there still leaves a bit to be desired and there's still reason to play my megapatch file.

Benefits to Official DLC over megapatch:
-All of the intricate rules work properly, including rules like the u21 rule and Voy Cup domestic rule that are a little broken in the megapatch

Negatives:
-CanPL is forever stuck on the 2019 format - 10/18 game split
-Voyageurs Cup is also stuck on 2019 format (with Ottawa fury playing even after they fold)

And of course, you won't have my expanded DB of L1O, PLSQ, USL2 players; journalists, refs, etc. L1O, PLSQ are also not playable. Though I can easily create a separate file to fix that. 

1 hour ago, Ams1984 said:

Amazing! Will the official DLC be different in any way from the Megapatch? In any event, this is a big deal and I’m sure you must rightly be feeling pretty gratified. Good on you and thanks for making this happen. 

Yep, there are still big differences. See above post! 

Hmm... for some reason it crashes when I try to start a career using the download. I have un-clicked the great Canadian mega patch, but still! Why do you vex me so technology? Why?!

13 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Hmm... for some reason it crashes when I try to start a career using the download. I have un-clicked the great Canadian mega patch, but still! Why do you vex me so technology? Why?!

Did you also activate MLS? I noticed it crashing initially when I had MLS activated. SI will have to fix that

4 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Did you also activate MLS? I noticed it crashing initially when I had MLS activated. SI will have to fix that

Yes, that must be it. Thanks!