CanPL added to Football Manager 2020 as official DLC

It was hard keeping the secret, but I am excited to announce that CanPL has been added to Football Manager as an official DLC!

The DLC will be free and the link is forthcoming! Hoping that this provides a massive platform for fans to get to know the league and certainly will lend the league more legitimacy.

For more information, see my tweet below.

Side note: I will keep working on the megapatch - this just gives me more time to focus on the lower divisions :)

Ok, so this is definitely a great effort from SI and encourage everyone to download the DLC to show support for the league. I am also honoured to have been looped in by the league for the announcement.

That said, having a closer look at what was added - I think there still leaves a bit to be desired and there's still reason to play my megapatch file.

Benefits to Official DLC over megapatch:
-All of the intricate rules work properly, including rules like the u21 rule and Voy Cup domestic rule that are a little broken in the megapatch

Negatives:
-CanPL is forever stuck on the 2019 format - 10/18 game split
-Voyageurs Cup is also stuck on 2019 format (with Ottawa fury playing even after they fold)

And of course, you won't have my expanded DB of L1O, PLSQ, USL2 players; journalists, refs, etc. L1O, PLSQ are also not playable. Though I can easily create a separate file to fix that.