Football Manager 20 - Canadian Megapatch

image.png.447b8b58311202ad3536082ae66423f0.png
Another year, another megapatch.

The Canadian Megapatch adds the Canadian football pyramid to Football Manager 20, with the Canadian Premier League, the Voyageurs Cup, League 1 Ontario, Première Ligue de soccer du Québec, and the Alberta Major Soccer League. Over 1000 players, coaches, referees, and journalists have been added! This is in addition to 3d kits, faces, and logos!

Special thanks to scouting data from Aaron Nielsen, and assistance from themodelcitizen, workthespace, stevieg42, and many more.

Download file here -> 

Features:
-2019 CanPL (including CONCACAF league qualification for Forge, Valour, FCE), L1O, PLSQ, AMLS (which contains FCE + Cavalry U21 teams) formats
-2020 formats (CanPL becomes a 14/14 game split)
-CONCACAF Champions League and CONCACAF League
-Expansion teams for L1O join in 2020 (including: Hamilton Utd. and North Toronto Nitros)
-Full rosters for CanPL reflecting 2019 Fall season (rosters will be updated when 2020 rosters are finalized)
-Ottawa Fury player contracts all expire at the end of 2019 to reflect the club folding
-Full rosters for L1O, PLSQ, Canadian USL2 teams (over 1000 players added)
-Canadian referees, journalists (100+)
-Usport coaches, physios, fitness coaches, etc. (100+)
-Faces for each CanPL player and staff added (credit to workthespace, stevieg42)
-Stadium photos (credit to workthespace)
-Teams from Manitoba, Nova Scotia, and Usports added

Screenshots:

image.png.a0eab84f8906401c2046b9d9daf2a058.png

image.png.6d8ea77144b01a93abf35d33608d41f4.png

image.png.86a8ec7f8865bf086452007e79271e49.png

I haven't had the opportunity to test this as much, so please let me know if you catch any bugs. I already saw some glitches where if you are managing a Canadian MLS club, the Canadian Champ fixtures don't show up on your schedule and you have to sim past the date to get around it. I can't seem to replicate the problem though.

I also have a version of this file where I got the force MLS teams to start 3 Canadians Can Champ rule working (instead of 'foreign players' rule where the teams end up being able to start Americans as domestic), but for some odd reason the AI would ignore that rule (even though a human player is unable to). The other solution to that is just to allow the original SI Games version of the Canadian Championship to run (I don't technically need to remake it this year since the CanPL clubs are included) - but if I did that, I am unable to swap out Ottawa Fury for 2020 (I currently replace them w/ a random Canadian USL2 team every year after 2020 and have all Ottawa players contract expire). But maybe it's no big deal avoiding simulating Ottawa's demise... what do folks think?

I'm unable to get the graphics to work. It just loads the clubs with the default fake crests etc. I'm probably putting the graphics folder in the wrong place, but I did follow the readme instructions. 

Is this right?

"Copy the graphics folder to the FM folder: Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2020"

Note: There wasn't a graphics folder there for it to replace. I just copied and pasted it there...

Just now, Ams1984 said:

I'm unable to get the graphics to work. It just loads the clubs with the default fake crests etc. I'm probably putting the graphics folder in the wrong place, but I did follow the readme instructions. 

Is this right?

"Copy the graphics folder to the FM folder: Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2020"

Note: There wasn't a graphics folder there for it to replace. I just copied and pasted it there...

Mac or Windows?

If windows, there won't be a graphics folder to start off with, just put it there and it should be good for that step.

Make sure in game you disable use caching to decrease page loading time, and just in case 

image.png.86c1e2913407501e2cbec564c81ff0e9.png

and just in case, reset > clear cache

image.png.6d274cf1ea4416a207a0b7d16f893586.png

It should hopefully work after you click reload skin.

This year's has been more glitchy

4 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

If windows, there won't be a graphics folder to start off with, just put it there and it should be good for that step.

Make sure in game you disable use caching to decrease page loading time, and just in case 

image.png.86c1e2913407501e2cbec564c81ff0e9.png

and just in case, reset > clear cache

image.png.6d274cf1ea4416a207a0b7d16f893586.png

It should hopefully work after you click reload skin.

This year's has been more glitchy

Windows 10... cheers, I’ll give it a go and get back to you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just updated the megapatch with Atletico Ottawa! Please note: you have to start or sim to 2020 to play as Ottawa. Ottawa are entered into Voyageurs Cup in 2021. It also adds the PLSQ/L1O expansion clubs and fixed to Coupe PLSQ format. And of course, rosters are fully up to date, including USports draftees that are now on loan to the respective CanPL clubs from their university teams.

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

Every time I get close to finally winning the VC and getting into the CCL and maybe getting my training facilities up to par, there’s a new update! I love you for it though... ha ha

haha, sry man.

I am tempted just to give all the clubs top notch facilities on a separate file, cuz I realized all of the clubs were struggling to develop the players. Even high potential players go up in CA only a couple points after 5-6 years. 

• 5 months later...

-2020 Island Games format
-Rumoured 2020 Canadian Championship format following Island Games
-CONCACAF continental competitions reflect postponements caused by COVID-19
-Modified schedule for PLSQ due to COVID-19
-Cancellation of 2020 League1 Ontario season
-2020 CanPL kits
-Headshots for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ players
-Roster updates

2020.a.jpgss2002c.jpgss2002b.jpg

image.png

• 1 month later...