Vancouver Whitecaps 2020 Season

Watchmen

13 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

What did he talk about? I don't think I can access the interview from overseas. TSN usually blocks all its content outside of Canada.

In essence, he felt that the players had now become very concerned about participating in this tourney with the public health situation taking such a negative turn in the time since the PA agreed to the original terms of return to play with the league officials.  He's also lost two relatives to Covid

On 7/8/2020 at 2:03 AM, SpursFlu said:

It's like getting a job that requires you to take a drug test. You may smoke weed but you dont fire up a blunt a day before you piss in a cup. 

I can tell you from experience that this isn't true. You can test positive weeks sometimes months later. 

The rest of your post is bogus too. 

All-Canadian bench tonight if you count Gutierrez with Bair, Cornelius, Raposo, Hasal, Colyn, Baldisimo, Metcalfe, Pecile

Teibert and Crepeau the only Canadian starters.

Is Hasal meant to be Crepeau's backup this year?   Would be a nice development to have one of our MLS clubs with 2 Canadian keepers getting minutes through the season.  Hoping Bair and Raposo and of course Cornelius get decent minutes.  Would be interesting to see where Colyn is at in his development

2 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

All-Canadian bench tonight if you count Gutierrez with Bair, Cornelius, Raposo, Hasal, Colyn, Baldisimo, Metcalfe, Pecile

Teibert and Crepeau the only Canadian starters.

the rock applause GIF

Edited by Ansem

3 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Is Hasal meant to be Crepeau's backup this year?   Would be a nice development to have one of our MLS clubs with 2 Canadian keepers getting minutes through the season.

Bryan Meredith is Crepeau's backup but he left Orlando abruptly following the death of his mother.

17 minutes ago, Big_M said:

said it before will say it again..robinson got to the playoffs 3 of his 4 full seasons..got removed in the fifth when they still had a chance..3 in 4 is pretty good

Furthermore, he actually recorded more wins than losses during his tenure: 

78 W, 49 D, 72 L

Edited by Obinna

The problem I think is a combination of personnel, training (though you can only do so much with some - case and point Rusty's relentless Reo-Cooker inspired back passing..), and maybe a confidence thing from being so young. Perhaps they need a Waston-type to scare them out of the low block they keep collapsing into even when MDS keeps saying he wants them to be more of a mid block.. 

I don't know but as long as the mid field pass map looks like this it's not going to get better anytime soon:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealJJAdams/status/1283624102163603456

Edited by saintjoes

Speaking of midfield maybe being the problem what do you guys think needs to change?

My brief impressions of current guys:

- Rusty: no sense of flow, too frantic, can't create himself space and time to pick out a positive pass

- Inboem: some good ideas but low pass accuracy results often in give aways and counterattacks

- Owusu: brave on the ball and steps well into space with it, but final pass let's him down too much

- Bikel: looked great in his one appearance as right back stand in.. the best of the bunch

- Metcalfe: Good all rounder but needs to be less rash in challenges and release passes quicker

- Raposo.. I actually think he could replace Inbeom at this point

On 7/15/2020 at 6:19 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

"And the Whitecaps incredibly take the lead..."

Schaad is so used to calling the Caps he treats a go-ahead goal as a miracle.

I very rarely listen to the pbp and colour commentary during matches and he's one of the reasons why I prefer to leave the mute on.  That said, I did listen to these TFC matches only for the expressed purpose of hearing Vanney's sideline "wisdom" and not Caldwell's "quality" colour commentary.

Speaking of pundits, when does Herdman make his usual appearance on air with his TSN Toronto soccer cronies? 

Edited by BearcatSA

19 hours ago, yothat2 said:

MDS needs time to build possesion based soccer. 

He has an philosophy ...has won everywhere he's coached 

How much more time does MDS get? He's already had one season. Need to show progress this season. So far it's not looking good. Steep learning curve from coaching lower tier to MLS

3 hours ago, Yohan said:

How much more time does MDS get? He's already had one season. Need to show progress this season. So far it's not looking good. Steep learning curve from coaching lower tier to MLS

They can't dump him on the basis of this season, it'd be incoherent. But I personally don't think he's the man for the job.