Vancouver Whitecaps 2020 Season

Watchmen

With The Season Over for The Union, DC United, The Revs, Nashville, Vancouver, The Timbers, Inter Miami, Chicago, Cincinnati, And NYCFC, Their Fans Turn To Other Pursuits

“This is the earliest I’ve ever been released from this purgatory,” stated Whitecaps fan Andrew Williams. “Typically the Whitecaps wait until a few games to give up the season and let the fans go home, but this year they decided to let us all go with a residing thump. I’m going to focus on the Canucks, take in the BC Sportsmen’s Show and probably go to the auto show.”

https://www.thenutmegnews.com/current/2020/3/2/with-the-season-over-for-the-union-dc-united-the-revs-nashville-vancouver-the-timbers-inter-miami-chicago-cincinnati-and-nycfc-their-fans-turn-to-other-pursuits

4 hours ago, red card said:

With The Season Over for The Union, DC United, The Revs, Nashville, Vancouver, The Timbers, Inter Miami, Chicago, Cincinnati, And NYCFC, Their Fans Turn To Other Pursuits

“This is the earliest I’ve ever been released from this purgatory,” stated Whitecaps fan Andrew Williams. “Typically the Whitecaps wait until a few games to give up the season and let the fans go home, but this year they decided to let us all go with a residing thump. I’m going to focus on the Canucks, take in the BC Sportsmen’s Show and probably go to the auto show.”

https://www.thenutmegnews.com/current/2020/3/2/with-the-season-over-for-the-union-dc-united-the-revs-nashville-vancouver-the-timbers-inter-miami-chicago-cincinnati-and-nycfc-their-fans-turn-to-other-pursuits

That's a good parodic website thanks for the link. 

9 hours ago, Ruffian said:

KC may be a really good team this year. They were looking like one of the best teams early last year during the Champions League. They also added Pulido who could be a top scorer in the league. The Whitecaps could still be a good team that got taken apart by a potential top team this year.

Let's see what happens when the new recruits are fully integrated.  Unlike many here in Vancouver, I'm not giving up yet.

Much better performance from the Caps tonight. Scrappy but mostly organized, with a good defensive performance all around. They did better to get up field versus Galaxy (as compared to SKC). They are still figuring each other out, but there were flashes of solid link play, and the effort tonight was so much better.  Inbeom is the guy who most needs to raise his levels, but I know he'll get there. He did better to get up field in this game, but his decision making was mostly poor.

Ricketts, Cava and Tiebert worked their asses off all game. Revelation of the game: Raposo! Kid was not overwhelmed or intimidated, and he was great on the ball--quick feet--and made very smart passes. Positive young player. He will get more game time for sure.  Bikel found his way into the game and fought hard. Khmiri was strong, as was Rose. Adnan was kind of quiet until the second half, then made a great run and pass to Tosaint for the goal.  Ouwusu came on late and looked decent: rusty for sure, but sharp and confident.

They've still a long ways to go, but you can see the potential and this was a solid step forward. Wish Cava had picked a corner on the PK, but he'll get his first soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doneil Henry on K-League return: “I'm probably in one of the safest places in the world right now” | Charles Boehm

Henry does have his own home near the club’s, and says he enjoys his short daily drive to work in what he calls a “very beautiful” country. Though he calls his Whitecaps exit “bittersweet,” he feels welcomed and valued by Bluewings coach Lee Lim-saeng and his staff and speaks positively of their proactive style of play and tactical adaptability.

“I wanted to try and work something out with Vancouver, but it didn't happen like that,” he said. “My teammates have been great. The most important thing is that my coach believes in me and I have a coach that fully trusts me, 100%.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 1:35 AM, Big_M said:

Pannes was already a doubtful signing, after the NY Knicks and a Roma with huge problems, he was not exactly your ideal exec.

That said, a sporting director cannot be CEO, it is ridiculous. Maybe it is just temporary while this season plays out, and they have less work to do. After, they'll have to hire someone else, and if they want Schuster to supervise a team in sporting direction, signing, then fine, but he cannot be hands on in both areas, not even clubs in 3rd or 4th tier do that sort of thing.