• Adnan, Ali
  • Cornelius, Derek
  • Khmiri, Jasser
  • Mukumbilwa, Georges
  • Nerwinski, Jake

GOALKEEPERS (2):

• Crepeau, Maxime
  • Hasal, Thomas

Not the biggest surprise given the rumours for months and him already training there. If he could just take Andy Rose with him the healing could begin. 

Certainly need a solid addition to the central midfield. Until then maybe Baldisimo gets the chance during pre-season. Hopefully he is back to fitness. 

Didic potentially joining Khmiri, Cornelius and Godoy would be decent. 

The Brazilian RB linked would be good enough to cover RB, still need another LB brought in *cough* Gutierrez, *cough* Maybe those Cordova links will come to something this time around. 

Probably still need another winger after Dajome. 

So much work still to do. 

1 hour ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Making some room for Oso?  (I know they play different roles, but let a boy dream.)  What is Laba doing these days?  Much respect for Erice for his skill, hard work and class. I wish him well.  But, yeah, we've still some pieces to acquire.

They still need to move Montero to get the dosh needed to sign higher cap hit players like Osorio.  I still believe that they need two new starting mids to go with In-beom, one of whom being a quality defensive holding mid who has enough technical skill but possesses stronger defensive capabilities.  Like you said, pieces need to be acquired but they need to be capable starters, not stop-gaps.  

4 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Making some room for Oso?  (I know they play different roles, but let a boy dream.)  What is Laba doing these days?  Much respect for Erice for his skill, hard work and class. I wish him well.  But, yeah, we've still some pieces to acquire.

If we're plucking one player from Toronto's roster, I'm going for Fraser, myself.

I really like what the Caps are doing this season, putting their money where their mouth is. Now they need a tam level attacking midfielder and probably a decent no. 6.

By the way, there are 10 Canadians on the current caps roster and 1 American.

Finally we have a Canadian MLS club that really feels like a real Canadian club!

My count is 12 Canadians including their latest addition in Cristián Gutiérrez!!!!... If we exclude him, there are 11 Canadians as per my count & counting!!!!! 😉.

My count is based on these numbers from the MLS site:

2020 Vancouver Whitecaps Roster as of January 17, 2020:

HEAD COACH: Marc Dos Santos

FORWARDS (5):

• Bair, Theo
  • Cavallini, Lucas
  • Montero, Fredy
  • Reyna, Yordy
  • Ricketts, Tosaint

MIDFIELDERS (7):

• Baldisimo, Michael
  • Colyn, Simon
  • Dajome, Cristian
  • Hwang, Inbox
  • Raposo, Ryan
  • Rose, Andy
  • Teibert, Russell

DEFENDERS (6):

• Adnan, Ali
  • Cornelius, Derek
  • Gutierrez, Cristian
  • Khmiri, Jasser
  • Mukumbilwa, Georges
  • Nerwinski, Jake

GOALKEEPERS (2):

• Crepeau, Maxime
  • Hasal, Thomas

And yeah, agree with the fact that TFC r bastards in terms of disliking Canada, lmfao!!!.... As other posters in here, I have heavy distaste towards their preference/prioritization towards American players over many promising homegrown players that don't get to make it to the 18 on a lot of occasions!!!... That one really bites me in the f***ing ass!!!

10 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Is this bad news for Didic?

Not necessarily. Didic would be backup likely anyway. They lost Henry and haven't replaced him. 

They only have Cornerlius, Godoy, Khmiri on the books for CB in the first team although Rose has been shunted back there before. 

They did bring Gianfranco Facchineri from their youth team as well. Didic can play his way to a contract. They need one more at least. Certainly not the worst idea to have 5 if the cap fits. Makes me wonder why they didn't invite Zator who could fill in at RB or CB too.