Vancouver Whitecaps 2020 Season

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a pandemic.  It spreads easily.  One player catching it could easily spread it to the others.  This has all been known for a long time.  You've spent the last few months choosing to ignore this, 

Question for anyone.  If there were no longer any Canadian teams in the MLS (for whatever reason) would you still watch it? I wouldnt, other than maybe to catch the odd game if there were ma

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

I wonder about Junior Hoillet who is not a regular starter at Cardif, it seems. Does he have another year there? Would it cost a lot to bring him over to VWFC?

I remember him being a target of VWFC a few years ago.  But he still had too many options in in England so it really didn't make sense for him.  It might still make more sense for him to stay there now, but it would be more realisitic for the Whitecaps to at least enquire.

Think Jnr. Is on record wanting to end up at TFC isnt he? He certainly has a good relationship with the club from training there periodically in the past.

Arfield and Hutch to Vancouver were two rumors thrown out over the past year or two.

The Schuster quotes worry me. They need at least one new striker, attacking mid, at least one winger, 1st choice right back and maybe another CM and CB.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Think Jnr. Is on record wanting to end up at TFC isnt he? He certainly has a good relationship with the club from training there periodically in the past.

Arfield and Hutch to Vancouver were two rumors thrown out over the past year or two.

The Schuster quotes worry me. They need at least one new striker, attacking mid, at least one winger, 1st choice right back and maybe another CM and CB.

Arfield isn't leaving Rangers on the brink of their first title in a decade.  Hutch still seems to be going strong in Turkey, and that's a case where I could see the BC turf being an issue.

Agreed on what's need. Well, if this rumour is true and pans out, that's the winger taken care of.  I think the attacking mid is the most critical piece by far, everything else is secondary.

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Another great look for the Caps. Good thing they dismissed it and found nothing after an inquiry. "oh that evidence, how did we miss that?"

You seem to be under the strange misconception that a private organisation has the power to bring criminal charges against an individual. They fired the dickhead when his actions were first brought up. That's really all they had the authority to do. 

No, it stinks imo. I'm not under any misconceptions or suggesting a football club is in fact a constituted law enforcement body. They do however have a duty of care and should have reported it to the police or in the least supporter their players better. The Whitecaps and the CSA could and should have done more. A retroactive Whitecaps funded inquiry, coming after they were publicly pressured, that doesn't even involve the lawyer they hired to investigate the allegations that holds key information isn't good enough, it's lip service but not to those that matter. My opinion. 

Right, now I am off to the Roughriders to contest my speeding ticket. Charlatans. 

49 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Mixed on this one. I quite wanted Hasal to go on loan next year to get games. Don't really want his development being stunted by not playing. However, Bush is an expensive bench warmer when Max is back. Also possible they bring another cheap backup in but seems unlikely after letting Bush and Meredith go. 

They’re going to loan Hasal, Axel has said he needs to play. Maybe Meredith comes back or they find a cheap backup but they will play Hasal.

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Or they like enough of what they saw to go with Boehmer. Probably want 3 within reach though rather than a possible recall for Hasal.

Could be, not sure it makes sense to have your 19 and 21 year old goalies on the bench though... like at that point use Carducci as a backup ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Reports in both Brazil and England that Caps are in for 20 yr old Flamengo forward Lincoln. Considered a highly rated prospect. Huddersfield town also interested 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/colunadofla.com/2020/12/alem-do-huddersfield-clube-canadense-monitora-situacao-de-lincoln/amp/%3ffbclid=IwAR2G3R_rDnvW22bHUTBvD5WkKc9FOFNh-9JW89bOC5GuDQS_D5ydpN5_6cQ

Edited by SpursFlu