Sign in to follow this  
Watchmen

Vancouver Whitecaps 2020 Season

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

Making the playoffs won't change the fact that MDS and a fair chunk of the roster need binning off before next season. There's more value in giving precious development minutes to Baldisimo, Bair, Cornelius, and Raposo than chasing the illusion of being a 'playoff team', 'cause that don't mean **** in the long run.

These two guys seemed to have dropped down the depth chart in the last few weeks, especially Bair with Ricketts now being the first choice forward sub. 

I sense that we may see Baldi being Bikel's CM replacement tonight but I don't see any other changes (unless a short notice injury issue arises), so we will see if the fixture congestion catches up to the other starters, even against this year's conference bottom feeder. 

Now playing with Montero and Cavallini as a 4 4 2 or a 4 4 1 1. Bair was falling down the pecking order cuz he was used on the wing in a 4 3 3 or a 4 5 1

Raposo truthfully has looked a bit in over his head. My opinion

Interesting tactical changes today...Baldisimo dropping in to split the CBs when we get possession in our own half, and Montero and Teibert swapping positions when Galaxy have possession deep in their own half. Still don't really look like scoring, though. 

On another note, BeIn Australia are using the LA Galaxy feed for this game. If you searched the entire earth, I'm not sure you could find a worse commentary duo than Cobi Jones and this other muppet. Horrible stuff.

Veselinovic purchase finalized with his start today.  Broadcast mentioning that it was for $650k.  I think that's worth it.  The $2 million rumour that had been kicking around would have been too much.

32 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Interesting tactical changes today...Baldisimo dropping in to split the CBs when we get possession in our own half, and Montero and Teibert swapping positions when Galaxy have possession deep in their own half. Still don't really look like scoring, though. 

On another note, BeIn Australia are using the LA Galaxy feed for this game. If you searched the entire earth, I'm not sure you could find a worse commentary duo than Cobi Jones and this other muppet. Horrible stuff.

Any explanation on the LA feed why they spent half of the first half with the camera on the cardboard cutouts in the stands, including one of the aforementioned Cobi Jones which got more screen time than any Whitecap did in the first half.

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Any explanation on the LA feed why they spent half of the first half with the camera on the cardboard cutouts in the stands, including one of the aforementioned Cobi Jones which got more screen time than any Whitecap did in the first half.

I think they may have just been ******* with the away viewers. They didn't do that for me. 😭

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

******* hell. 

Didn't deserve the loss. 

I disagree. We deserved to lose because we pretty much went out our way to try NOT to score for 90 minutes. Every time we had opportunities to attack at speed, Montero started walking to allow the Galaxy players to drop back into their compact 2 banks of 4 defenders. I understand that sometimes you hold up the play to allow time for your teammates to catch up, but that's not what happened. None of our guys were sprinting forward to help the attack, just their guys getting back to defend. We're a terrible team with a clueless manager and we just deservedly lost to another terrible team with a clueless manager. It's embarrassing that one or both of these teams might be able to claim some kind of achievement by qualifying for the playoffs. 

On 10/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, Big_M said:

nothing easy out there..galaxy needs wins badly and gbs to keep his job so they will go all out in their remaining games

right..and they take it..and dc beats cincinnati and san jose draws seattle after losing 7-1 to them