Vancouver Whitecaps 2020 Season

Watchmen

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Rose should be back. He confirmed on the radio that the only reason he missed Orlando was because his wife was set to give birth. Not sure about the other guys

Schuster mentioned as well in the podcast that Ricketts's medical situation was resolved, and he could have traveled to Orlando.  However, by the time it was resolved the tournament was underway, he would have still had to quarantine in Orlando, and the club decided to just keep him here.

Signed a new homegrown GK, BC Native, Issac Boehmer for depth with Crepeau done for a while.

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2020/08/17vwfc-add-homegrown-keeper-boehmer

Also in addition to the othe posts above from the Toronto star "Forwards Lucas Cavallini, Fredy Montero and Tosaint Ricketts, along with defender Andy Rose and defender/midfielder Georges Mukumbilwa, did not make the trip but are now back in the fold."

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

Signed a new homegrown GK, BC Native, Issac Boehmer for depth with Crepeau done for a while.

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2020/08/17vwfc-add-homegrown-keeper-boehmer

Also in addition to the othe posts above from the Toronto star "Forwards Lucas Cavallini, Fredy Montero and Tosaint Ricketts, along with defender Andy Rose and defender/midfielder Georges Mukumbilwa, did not make the trip but are now back in the fold."

I think the Star grabbed the MiB tournament info. Just heard on the radio that Montero stayed back in Vancouver but Cavallini and Ricketts traveled. 

As a number of you wise fellers have suggested, the Caps need a Ledeiro type of creative midfielder, and it appears that is indeed what they are looking for:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/08/18/vancouver-whitecaps-coach-marc-dos-santos-challenge-replacing-inbeom-hwang

And based on something Schuster said last week, it sounds as though they are prepared to pay a bit more to land such a cat.

4 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

It really must suck being a caps fan. I feel bad for y'all

It's easier when you live overseas and don't have to wallow in every result.

On the evidence of the 7 matches they've played so far this season, and I've watched about half, I think Schuster should be binning off Dos Santos and all of the non-Canadian players this off-season, with the possible exception of Rose, and starting again fresh. If Godoy can stay healthy, he'd be worth keeping, as well.

9 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

It's easier when you live overseas and don't have to wallow in every result.

On the evidence of the 7 matches they've played so far this season, and I've watched about half, I think Schuster should be binning off Dos Santos and all of the non-Canadian players this off-season, with the possible exception of Rose, and starting again fresh. If Godoy can stay healthy, he'd be worth keeping, as well.

Yeah you guys he need to get rid of MDS and just rebuild completely from the ground up. Cavallini is a good striker but needs better players than Milinkovic, Dajome and Reyna. And new RB is also needed.

5 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

As a number of you wise fellers have suggested, the Caps need a Ledeiro type of creative midfielder, and it appears that is indeed what they are looking for:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/08/18/vancouver-whitecaps-coach-marc-dos-santos-challenge-replacing-inbeom-hwang

And based on something Schuster said last week, it sounds as though they are prepared to pay a bit more to land such a cat.

Not having a Valeri or Lodeiro is one thing; asserting that 4-4-2 is now your base formation when you holdover or acquire a significant number of wingers and forwards who are 4-3-3 types is disconcerting and would make supporters start singing "You don't know what you're doing!" if the losing performances continue (and we had actual fans in the stands).

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

Watched the CPL. Recorded MLS. Score was spoiled. Not sure if I want to watch lol. 

Heard there wasn't much Hasal could do for the goals. How was Gutierrez?

I've never seen Meredith play but I doubt he or Crepeau could have kept any of the goals out. Hasal made some nices saves & did command the box well, although there was one ball he spilled that he might have kept, but didn't do them any harm on the play.

Apparently the shots were 24 to 4 or something like that, so he was kept busy.

13 hours ago, toontownman said:

Watched the CPL. Recorded MLS. Score was spoiled. Not sure if I want to watch lol. 

Heard there wasn't much Hasal could do for the goals. How was Gutierrez?

Just to add to Bearcat's comments, he doesn't look like he would add anything special to our program if he jumps over to us.  Depth player at best.  No way he starts over Laryea at LB if ZBG starts at RB.

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

Just to add to Bearcat's comments, he doesn't look like he would add anything special to our program if he jumps over to us.  Depth player at best.  No way he starts over Laryea at LB if ZBG starts at RB.

Shame he had a good showing in the MLS is back tournament. 

I wonder how much longer Schuster will keep MDS. I mean, MDS is not the only problem, but it is looking more and more like he has no idea how to find success at this level, in this league.  But the squad is not especially strong either, is it? TFC, to be fair, is still a very good side. But the Caps had nothing last night.