Montreal Impact offseason 2019-20

Blackdude

It's always going to be an uphill battle against a strong team that already started the season. Now without Piatti, it's going to get even tougher. I don't know if you can put that one Henry (not IMO). On the other hand, they only need to battle their way to a 1-1 or 2-2 to get in a good position.

11 hours ago, shamrock said:

It's always going to be an uphill battle against a strong team that already started the season. Now without Piatti, it's going to get even tougher. I don't know if you can put that one Henry (not IMO). On the other hand, they only need to battle their way to a 1-1 or 2-2 to get in a good position.

Its definitely looking like a rough start for Henry and the Impact. 

As for the team/line-up, i'm feeling pretty good for the starting 11, however it drops off pretty quick if we need to factor in injuries and 3 game weeks. There are lots of goals in the front 5.  Everyone across the board can fill the net from all positions.  However, they're very shallow in quality midfields, strikers and no real #1 keeper. 

Quioto

Lassi - Taider - Bojan - Okwonkwo

Piette

Raitalla - Binks - Fanni - ZBG

As for Henry, he's got his work cut out for him.  The good news is he's bright, has MLS experience, automatically commands respect from the players and media, and he's also got Bernier who knows the Impact, the city, the history, MLS, etc... they have what it takes, they just need to put it together, build some team confidence and pick up some depth as the season progresses.

On 2/16/2020 at 1:10 PM, Chad_Impact said:

It would be sad to see Bush go, he's been here since the USL days, but he's just making way too much.

"Making too much" that says it all, both money and mistakes.  You just can't let a keeper keep his place after some of the poor performances he's put in. 

He just hasn't managed to fix the weak part of his game, mainly commanding his box for set pieces, his passing, vision and doesn't understand the timing in a game.  He'll waste time when a goal down, and yet he'll release the ball ridiculously quickly with a lead when his d-men could use a breather.  Its like he gets intense and energetic when winning, so too excited, and he lags and slows down when losing.  Exactly the opposite of what you want to see in a keeper.  I like the guy, but he's just too frustrating to watch.

Cherry on the top for me, was an interview last year saying he was exhausted from studying for an MBA and lack of sleep from the middle of the night feeding for his 3rd child.  I don't know man, I'm a father of two under 4 year olds, I get up for feedings, both my wife and I make similar salaries, but i gotta tell you, if was making ~$400k/year and my career had a 10 year shelf life... i'd focus a little more on my day job and focus on the MBA later in life.

5 hours ago, shamrock said:

You really think Henry is going to start young Binks in this high-stakes game? If he does that must be a beast then. 

Perhaps not this week, he technically hasn't even signed officially.  But I expect Binks to take Camacho's spot fairly early in the season.

I get this was an exhibition with hardly anyone in attendance however Portland came out with a 2-1 win va Saprissa earlier this month. 

Guess who scored the winning goal? Ken Krolicki!

Oh and last week there was a little piquante in the Ultras section. 15 people detained. 

2020 Montreal Impact Roster as of February 18, 2020:

HEAD COACH: Thierry Henry

FORWARDS (3):

• Jackson-Hamel, Anthony
  • Quioto, Romell
  • Urruti, Maxi

MIDFIELDERS (12):

• Bahiya, Clement
  • Bojan
  • Choiniere, Mathieu
  • Lappalainen, Lassi
  • Maciel, Emanuel