Sign in to follow this  
Big_M

TFC 2020 Season

So Bono is out for weeks with a finger injury...sounded pretty gross.  So SIlva is the back up, Klenofsky got loaned out???  Is there no one in the academy pipeline getting ready to step up??  Hard to believe that with the talent available in GTA the TFC academy doesnt have a couple prime goalkeeping prospects.  

So 3 young DMs in Fraser, Okello (probably more of a #8) and Priso-Mbongue with 1st team contracts.  Wonder if there are offers for  1 or more of these players on the table or perhaps Fraser wants out at the end of this season?

1 hour ago, Colliedor said:

Good player. I think he has potential.  Hope he gets a call up before the season ends.

We had to wait until he was 20 before Okello got a call, and its still only been one game. So I wouldnt get your hopes up too high. 

Is this another one of those deals like Peruzza, the deal start in Jan or something?  I thought there was some roster snag that they coulndt sign anymore homegrowns etc, or is that just the murky right your own rulebook MLS thing?? 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

We had to wait until he was 20 before Okello got a call, and its still only been one game. So I wouldnt get your hopes up too high. 

Is this another one of those deals like Peruzza, the deal start in Jan or something?  I thought there was some roster snag that they coulndt sign anymore homegrowns etc, or is that just the murky right your own rulebook MLS thing?? 

I'll assume that he's added to the 2020 roster because guys like OKello, Romeo, and Peruzza are all out on loan - so they have space. When Peruzza signed I believe those guys were still on the roster?

I didnt understand the point of putting in Endoh for Piatti.   A more defensive substitution would have been in order.  I agree with Caldwell,  fraser for deleon would have made more sence.  Endoh just bring you what piatti brings but at no where near the same quality, so its just downgrade.

Edited by Free kick

Not enough subs used by TFC in this game. 2nd game in 4 days, team looking tired as all hell and you can use up,to five subs, no excuse not to,use more than just the two they used. The strikes from Pozuelo and Akinola were very weak, which is one sign that the team was out of gas in the 2nd half

TFC, this year,  are evolving into a more vertical team team.   Most of the goals and scoring chances are comming form linear play rather than playing the side to side game and probing to create chances in the box with give and goes and through sustained possession.  
this may not have an impact in the league, but (if they ever make it to Concacaf CL) its not going to help.  Not with the Concacaf refs who like to call everything.  In concacaf you need sustained possession to mitigate the risk of bad calls going against you.   Thye had that kind of team in 2018.

Edited by Free kick

Wonder if we might see Julian Dunn on the bench tonight. According to the mlssoccer.com website, Mavinga, Zavaleta and Akinola are all out for tonight's game against Atlanta (along with Altidore and Bono).

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Still don't understand why they didn't sign Peruzza this year. Is Mullins the only striker available?

Some sort of weird roster thing, and stranger still they sign Priso after that for this season.  You need a grey haired accountant and a tax lawyer to understand the MLS rules sometimes.  

Laryea won't even be starting in this game, presumably due to squad rotation. Only Canadian to start is Osorio. Laryea, Fraser, Nelson, and Priso are on the bench, Shaffelburg still nowhere to be found and no sign of Dunn on the bench - Laryea is the only defender listed as a sub although I suppose if we are truly desperate Bradley (who is on the bench) could be thrown out there as a CB. Or Fraser I suppose.

A bit surprising to hear it from a MLS broadcaster but KJ basically tears apart MLS regular season - compares it to FI qualifying. He starts around 1:50.

Edited by red card