Sign in to follow this  
Big_M

TFC 2020 Season

So his new contract will be max salary, plus whatever TAM, to bring him up to.....??? Obinna was speculating on this earlier in the season (and the braintrust took his advice)..what do you think he is down to?? 1mil, 1.5??

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

So his new contract will be max salary, plus whatever TAM, to bring him up to.....??? Obinna was speculating on this earlier in the season (and the braintrust took his advice)..what do you think he is down to?? 1mil, 1.5??

The maximum he can earn with TAM is $1.5 million.

Glad that it's a TAM deal. I think its good business for the club to bring him back for his leadership but leave a DP slot open for an actual DP-calibre player which Bradley ceased to be at the end of 2017, arguably. Plus I think it may ease the burden of feeling that you have to play Bradley every bloody minute just because he's a DP - Vanney has proven he's capable of not playing TAM players in the past (Endoh playing over Gallardo for example in the playoffs) so hopefully this will lead to more playing time for Liam Fraser.

On 12/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, Big_M said:

except he led them to another appearance at mls cup in 2019..many dp's in the league dont even come close to his contributions..and was still one of the top dm's in the league

https://sportspodcastingnetwork.com/2019/12/12/sober-second-thoughts-re-signing-bradley-not-just-about-the-intangibles/

Well, that Atlanta playoff game was won in spite of Bradley.

Toronto FC reportedly after PSV winger Burma.

Formerly of RB Leipzig, Galatasaray and Sporting CP, the 25 year old of African descent is a full Portugese international, with 1 goal in 9 caps. 

Seems like a DP worth investing in.

Edited by Obinna

Welcome to the cut throat world of professional sports.  Played well at times but not good enough to force the team to start him that 6th time.  And maybe Gallardo started showing something that allowed TFC to let him allez  back to France.

Curtis made sure he didnt get the 6th start...its not personal...its just business.  Too bad they couldnt have gotten Bradley down a couple 100g and maybe they could have kept both.  Still need a striker.....anyone...anyone... Bueller...Bueller???  

16 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

6'2 Defender. I assume a CB? 

Think Skyler Thomas, except not as beefy.  He wasnt getting a lot of attention prior to the draft, but I guess all but the top couple picks in the draft are long long shots.  

Gareth Wheeler said that they could be signing a few homegrown players in the next few days.

I had a few players come to mind, but than tfc ended up drafting a couple of players playing in the same positions. So I wonder how this will effect it.

9 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Gareth Wheeler said that they could be signing a few homegrown players in the next few days.

I had a few players come to mind, but than tfc ended up drafting a couple of players playing in the same positions. So I wonder how this will effect it.

I would think Jayden Nelson for sure!

3 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I would think Jayden Nelson for sure!

Considering that they have yet to re-sign Morgan, I wonder if the young LB (Mohammed?) will be brought up as the fourth fullback?

1 minute ago, BearcatSA said:

Considering that they have yet to re-sign Morgan, I wonder if the young LB (Mohammed?) will be brought up as the fourth fullback?

Ya that was one of the players I suspect to come in.

If the past is any indication, the draft picks all goto TFC2, maybe one of them gets up to the big club for a cup of coffee (Dorsey, Kubel, Aubrey, Taintor et al).  Getting anyone that will stick (Endoh/Lovitz) from anywhere but the top of the first round is tough.  Lareya was a mid first rounder for Orlando years ago.  I would think Nelsen, Mohammed, Okello, Peruzza, any of the better TFC2 youngsters almost have a better shot at getting to the big club.  

Posted (edited)

Ivory Coast international Wilfred Bony is reportedly in talks with a few MLS clubs.

Does he make sense for Toronto FC?

Although he is not primarily a winger, he could probably play there to accommodate Altidore and he's still only 31 so there's still gas left in the tank. He could also play CF in Jozy's absence, which is important.

He's also in talks with Turkish clubs and Porto Alegre of Brazil. He sounds interested in taking the "best" offer and he comes on a free as he's out of contract with Swansea City.

His last club was Al Arabi, where he scored 5 goals in 7 games on loan. That was the club that signed Victor Vazquez.

Maybe Victor had some nice words to say to him about Toronto?

Edit: I see he's played almost exclusively at CF, so probably not a good fit.

Edited by Obinna

Bradley out 4 months after ankle surgery. Looks like he hurt it about 30 minutes into the MLS Cup. At least the team will get a good long look at Fraser as a DM now to see what life is like post-Bradley.