Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big_M

TFC 2020 Season

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Good news for TFC, with Valour eliminated they can start playing Julian Dunn right away....

Surely you are not being serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even from the little that we have seen of Dunn,  which was early in 2018,  he would have been a big upgrade from what we are seeing of Ciman.  Hell i dont even understand how Zavaleta can be worst than Ciman.  Ciman cant man mark or pick up his man.

but i would say that there is another problem.   TFC is really missing Laryea.  He is now a key component to this team.  For all the possession and even good play in the final third, they are no threath to the oppostion when the ball is played to Auro.  Alot of promising plays get wasted when played to Auro.   His crosses are not good.  At the other half back postition, Justin Morrow seems to have really regressed and is no where near the threath he use to be when comming forward

Edited by Free kick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Auro was having a pretty good year going forward.  Seems to be more involved, making some decent crosses and critical passes..better than last year.  Lareaya got shifted over because Auro was playing well and Morrow is fading...as is Ciman (badly).  Good for him to grow as a player and become a more versatile "swiss army knife" type of player. 

Kind of interesting how Vanney has been using the extra subs to have a 3 man CB rotation...seems like one of the 2 starters comes off every game to protect those tired legs.  I'm liking the extra subs more and more.  Is there a real chance Dunn would rejoin TFC for the end of MLS?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I thought Auro was having a pretty good year going forward.  Seems to be more involved, making some decent crosses and critical passes..better than last year.  Lareaya got shifted over because Auro was playing well and Morrow is fading...as is Ciman (badly).  Good for him to grow as a player and become a more versatile "swiss army knife" type of player. 

Kind of interesting how Vanney has been using the extra subs to have a 3 man CB rotation...seems like one of the 2 starters comes off every game to protect those tired legs.  I'm liking the extra subs more and more.  Is there a real chance Dunn would rejoin TFC for the end of MLS?  

To me, Morrow just doesn't provide enough of a consistent attacking/crossing threat and is more of a linking and stay at home guy now.  I'm surprised they didn't really challenge Nerwinski with a direct left wing threat (Shaffelburg) as a late sub because any scouting of the Caps would show how much Jake struggles with that kind of pressure and pace.  That's my 20-20  hindsight coaching tip for the day.  I'm sure Greg will DM his appreciation to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, Bison44 said:

Is Shaffelburg still with the team??  He would have looked good loaned out to Halifax.  

I can see this guy being converted to a LB or LWB as Morrow is phased out in the next few seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I can see TFC bringing in someone from outside MLS to play LB (late 20's mb south american) not playing Shaff the rest of the season and trying to loan him out or release him next year.  

 

Hopefully TFC can see the benefit of what a loan could do for their young players (see Dunn, Julian).  Not sure it worked as well for Campbell and Mohammed, but Shaffelburg, Okello and Nelson would certainly be candidates for loans next year if TFC doesn't see major minutes for them.  Its also a good way of evaluating them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a game on Saturday where TFC lost one that they played well in,  they win one tonight where they they didnt play well.   Thankfully, Ciman was on the bench tonight.   
 

PS:  i am going to have to change my vote again in the “where should phonzie play for Canada” discussion.    I am pretty confortable  with ZBG and Larea at the half back positions for the MNT.   That would allow herdman to play phonzie at wing.  Larea and ZBG may have been the two best players on the pitch tonight.

PPS. :  would rather have seen Fraser in there tonight.  With larea at one of the halfbacks positions.  And, either Auro or morrow on the bench.  Neither auro nor Morrow has delivered any quality comming forward this year.

Edited by Free kick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither Auro or Morrow can cross/pass a ball successfully into the box to save their lives (or the team's life) right now. One of TFC's issues is that they can't clone Laryea to play both LB and RB as he's clearly better than both at either position (making it strange, Fraser or no Fraser, that Vanney chooses to play him at neither position).

I agree, I thought they were better in the previous two games than this one but they get the win here and losses the last two games. Go figure.

Altidore is still not doing enough right now for his salary. Yeah, he got the winner but only because of a very stupid and/or tired pass from Camacho. He looks like he is barely trying half the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Neither Auro or Morrow can cross/pass a ball successfully into the box to save their lives (or the team's life) right now. One of TFC's issues is that they can't clone Laryea to play both LB and RB as he's clearly better than both at either position (making it strange, Fraser or no Fraser, that Vanney chooses to play him at neither position).

I agree, I thought they were better in the previous two games than this one but they get the win here and losses the last two games. Go figure.

Altidore is still not doing enough right now for his salary. Yeah, he got the winner but only because of a very stupid and/or tired pass from Camacho. He looks like he is barely trying half the time.

Altidore needs to lose at least 10lbs, unless it’s my TV but this guy looks like he can hardly move due to all that weight he seems to be carrying .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Free kick said:

After a game on Saturday where TFC lost one that they played well in,  they win one tonight where they they didnt play well.   Thankfully, Ciman was on the bench tonight.   

Clear difference with Mavinga out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciman should never see the field again , how this guy ever got any caps for Belgium is a head scratcher lol, I realize he was much younger then but still . However , let this guy go and get Julian Dunn to replace him it’s time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciman is 35 now and obviously past his prime. He was still a useful contributor last year in their playoff run (and in fact they lost the final with him benched). But any more displays like the one he had against Vancouver and it will be time to let him go. I would rather seen Dunn starting when they rest Mavinga and really he should be getting minutes when the next stage of the season begins in Tallahassee or Kalamazoo or Toledo or wherever it is they are going to force TFC to play the remainder of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Piatti's performance is pretty good.  He creates a lot of good chances, and gets the ball on the net given the chance.  He also seems to be good buddies with Pozuelo, which I think would be a major plus.  Happy Pozuelo, happy TFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An important thing that Piatti brigings is that he is good ball striker.   This, like someone who win balls in the air off corner kicks in the attacking end,   is something that TFC has been lacking for a long time.   Therefore, when teams bunker down against them and protect the box,  there was no one who could score from longer range.  Piatti can get good shots off from distance.

Edited by Free kick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...