General MLS Talk 2020

Big_M

Austin FC announce signing of Paraguay international Cecilio Dominguez from Independiente

Austin FC landed another big piece of their roster ahead of their debut MLS season in 2021, announcing the signing of Paraguay international Cecilio Dominguez from Argentine club Independiente on Monday. 

The 26-year-old winger will be the club's first Designated Player. He will spend the rest of 2020 on loan, and will formally join the the club in January 2021.

25 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

As much as the 'Caps need midfield reinforcements, I wouldn't welcome him, as a supporter.

That’s so stupid, if the guy can help the team win. Boom. Let go of the past. He Made a choice and he got to play in a World Cup. The guy has camps in Canada and he’s actually helping train the future players of Canada, he’s giving back. 

Edited by SpecialK

Just now, SpecialK said:

That’s so stupid, if the guy can help the team win. Boom. Let go of the past. He Made a choice and he got to play in a World Cup. The guy as camps in Canada and he’s actually helping train the future players of Canada, he’s giving back. 

Bullshit. He helped set our program back 10 years. We're moving in a positive direction in spite of him, not because of him. He should fuck off and run his camps in Rotterdam, where his heart supposedly is.

7 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

********. He helped set our program back 10 years. We're moving in a positive direction in spite of him, not because of him. He should **** off and run his camps in Rotterdam, where his heart supposedly is.

Oh please he’s one player ! What set the program back was idiots who were running the CSA. Hiring Amateur Managers when we had pretty decent team!

Guys like him and Hargreaves gave cover to every Canadian kid with another option to hold out as long as possible, with Canada being their last resort. Now, I can understand somebody choosing to do something that's in their best interests. However, have the balls to tell the truth about it. Owen 'I was always British' Hargreaves and Jonathan 'I feel Dutch' De Guzman chose to lie about it and disrespect the country that gave them homes, and despite their Britishness and Dutchness, where they still choose to spend most of their time. For that, they can both get to fuck. Don't need 'em, now. Don't want 'em.

5 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Guys like him and ********** gave cover to every Canadian kid with another option to hold out as long as possible, with Canada being their last resort. Now, I can understand somebody choosing to do something that's in their best interests. However, have the balls to tell the truth about it. Owen 'I was always British' ********** and Jonathan 'I feel Dutch' De Guzman chose to lie about it and disrespect the country that gave them homes, and despite their Britishness and Dutchness, where they still choose to spend most of their time. For that, they can both get to ****. Don't need 'em, now. Don't want 'em.

Owen didn’t play for Canada because he was cut at the youth level. If he made the team there is a good chance he’s playing for Canada. Now was Owen being a cry baby for sure but blame the idiot who didn’t see talent, the idiots who were running the CSA and youth teams. With Jonathan come on man, the guy played in Holland and  for Holland’s youth teams and had a chance to play with Dutch greats. Also at the time 2012 Canada had Stephen hart has coach and they just lost 8-1 to fucking Honduras. I’m sorry I don’t blame him for picking the Dutch over Canada. I bet he was thinking what a shit show, there is no way Canada is making to the World Cup. So Shit show Canada or playing with Dutch greats. Come man ! 
But at the end of day if he can come and be amazing for a Canadian pro team and help win. Well that’s gonna help grow the game even more. Help Canada more. Let the past go. 

31 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Owen didn’t play for Canada because he was cut at the youth level. If he made the team there is a good chance he’s playing for Canada. Now was Owen being a cry baby for sure but blame the idiot who didn’t see talent, the idiots who were running the CSA and youth teams. With Jonathan come on man, the guy played in Holland and  for Holland’s youth teams and had a chance to play with Dutch greats. Also at the time 2012 Canada had Stephen hart has coach and they just lost 8-1 to ******* Honduras. I’m sorry I don’t blame him for picking the Dutch over Canada. I bet he was thinking what a **** show, there is no way Canada is making to the World Cup. So **** show Canada or playing with Dutch greats. Come man ! 
But at the end of day if he can come and be amazing for a Canadian pro team and help win. Well that’s gonna help grow the game even more. Help Canada more. Let the past go. 

Nah. I'm good.

SInce he reserved the right to feel dutch, I can also choose to think he is an ass and I would not welcome him into a CDN team.  If we are just picking random goobers that can help the team, start looking in south america, not 30+ year old guys dropping out of european leagues cause they are on the down side of the carer.   TO me he is just another one of hundreds of european pros Mtl VAN of TFC etc could bring in.  And if he went to an american MLS club i would laugh my ass off if he fell flat on his face like Gerrard.  

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

That’s so stupid, if the guy can help the team win. Boom. Let go of the past. He Made a choice and he got to play in a World Cup. The guy has camps in Canada and he’s actually helping train the future players of Canada, he’s giving back. 

The camps have a fee. That's not giving back. That's a business.

8 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Owen didn’t play for Canada because he was cut at the youth level. If he made the team there is a good chance he’s playing for Canada. Now was Owen being a cry baby for sure but blame the idiot who didn’t see talent, the idiots who were running the CSA and youth teams. With Jonathan come on man, the guy played in Holland and  for Holland’s youth teams and had a chance to play with Dutch greats. Also at the time 2012 Canada had Stephen hart has coach and they just lost 8-1 to ******* Honduras. I’m sorry I don’t blame him for picking the Dutch over Canada. I bet he was thinking what a **** show, there is no way Canada is making to the World Cup. So **** show Canada or playing with Dutch greats. Come man ! 

That's right f**k Canada they are a shi* show. I feel Dutch. But if Canada was not a shi* show then he would feel Canadian all of a sudden. He played for Holland because he felt it was good for HIS career. Period. F**k him. Let him stay where ever he is. Btw we all know where you stand on nationality.

13 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Oh please ! I’m a proud Canadian that loves the national team. But I’m not gonna hate and throw a tantrum because a guy didn’t choose Canada. I’m so amazed you guys are still bum hurt by these players. 

Why would we be excited about him over any other foreign players?  They didnt tease repping canada then go another way.  

I would be fine with him on the Caps. He certainly wouldn't be my favorite player. Assuming he's a good dude and works hard why wouldn't I. If I ever met him I might make a joke or something but its all good. Forgiveness is a powerful tool and the objective here is for people to be proud to be Canadian not have people feel vindicated for not repping the maple leaf. For me booing and cheering and all this is a bit of fun theatre, we don't need to go overboard. There is enough people going overboard nowadays we don't need join the pack

But I respect the passion. We should never loose that

Edited by SpursFlu

JDG2 would actually be a solid pick up for Vancouver, provided the money is right. A low to mid level TAM deal would be acceptable, but given his injury history I am not sure how BC place would treat him.

A midfield 3 of him, Baldisimo and a SA attacking midfielder would get the Whitecaps up to speed. Then you have Teibert and Owusu coming off the bench. That would be an "acceptable" midfield in MLS.

Yeah, I am already sold on Baldisimo at the 6 spot. Reminds me of Eustaquio the way he can split the lines. Good from him so far.

Edited by Obinna

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Oh please ! I’m a proud Canadian that loves the national team. But I’m not gonna hate and throw a tantrum because a guy didn’t choose Canada. I’m so amazed you guys are still bum hurt by these players. 

Yeah you're a proud Canadian BUT if you were good enough to play for a national team you would pick the highest ranked team above Canada. You have a funny (shitt*) way of showing it. You remind me of that girl from BC who played for the USA. In a interview her mother said "She loves Canada BUT she always dreamed of playing for the USA." A lot of good her love did the the sport in Canada. That's all for me on this subject (for now 😛).  BTW if the sport was hockey I'm sure you would play for Canada and show everyone how a proud Canadian you are.

53 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Yeah you're a proud Canadian BUT if you were good enough to play for a national team you would pick the highest ranked team above Canada. You have a funny (shitt*) way of showing it. You remind me of that girl from BC who played for the USA. In a interview her mother said "She loves Canada BUT she always dreamed of playing for the USA." A lot of good her love did the the sport in Canada. That's all for me on this subject (for now 😛).  BTW if the sport was hockey I'm sure you would play for Canada and show everyone how a proud Canadian you are.

I guess I am somewhere in the middle of you and SpecialK here.

To some degree I have let go of his decision not to play for us, but at the time it was painful. We really could have used him and the way it played out was akin to a hot girl leading you on, all while her older sister tells you there's a chance. Really not cool, but we have a girl now who is way hotter and better in every respect, so it is easier to forgive (even if we do not forget).

At the same time, players sometimes gravitate to the best possible team they qualify for, and there is something "unpatriotic" about that, even though you can understand they do what is "best" for their career. Their patriotism will often be called into question in such cases, which is also understandable.

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

To some degree I have let go of his decision not to play for us, but at the time it was painful. We really could have used him and the way it played out was akin to a hot girl leading you on, all while her older sister tells you there's a chance. Really not cool, but we have a girl now who is way hotter and better in every respect, so it is easier to forgive (even if we do not forget).

At the same time, players sometimes gravitate to the best possible team they qualify for, and there is something "unpatriotic" about that, even though you can understand they do what is "best" for their career. Their patriotism will often be called into question in such cases, which is also understandable.

Lol - interesting analogy, but it fits!

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I understand your points BUT i'm sick and tired of hearing people saying how patriotic they are and then when you need them they tell you F*&K O#f.