USA vs Canada Viewing Parties - Nov 15th 7 EST - 4 Pacific

On 11/9/2019 at 3:35 PM, goleafs67 said:

I'm down to settle on Smithfield if that works for you @ESG Shawn  

I was the only Voyageur at the AO bar for the 2011 GC game and they were more than hospitable. Probably had something to do with the 2-0 win but they bought me a couple post-game rounds. Only slightly made up for the "it's all your fault" chants on the goals ;)

I'm good with Smithfield. I emailed them a week or two ago to confirm that a group of Canadians are coming but they never responded. I'll let my group know. 

4 hours ago, admin said:

There are two Toronto locations, possibly a third.

The Pint....Cloak & Dagger

Ok, with this info here is the updated list.  Nothing confirmed for either Quebec City or Halifax despite my best efforts.

Confirmed viewing parties so far:

4pm
VICTORIA: Yates Street Taphouse - 759 Yates St
VANCOUVER: Red Card Sports Bar + Eatery - 560 Smithe St

5pm
CALGARY: Rose & Crown Pub - 1503 4 St SW
EDMONTON: Urban Tavern - 11606 Jasper Ave

6pm
SASKATOON: Boston Pizza - 1519 8 St E Unit 10,
REGINA: The Lobby Kitchen & Bar - 2545 S Broad St
WINNIPEG (two locations):
Nicolino's - 2077 Pembina Hwy
The Kings Head - 120 King Street West

7pm
KITCHENER: McMullan's - 188 Highland Rd W
HAMILTON: The Endzone Bar & Grill - 1305 Main St E
MISSISSAUGA: The Green Goose Pub and Grill - 8-5165 Dixie Rd
TORONTO (two locations):
The Pint Public House - 277 Front St W
The Cloak & Dagger Pub 394 College St
OTTAWA: Senate Tavern - 1159 Bank St
MONTREAL(two locations):
Café Frappé - 3900 Blvd St Laurent
Burgundy Lion - 2496 rue Notre-Dame W
TROIS-RIVIERES: Microbrasserie La Forge du Malt - 2385 Bould. Thibeau, suite 204

@admin are the CSA truly promoting these this time like they did for WCQs a few years back?

40 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Ok, with this info here is the updated list.  Nothing confirmed for either Quebec City or Halifax despite my best efforts.

Confirmed viewing parties so far:

4pm
VICTORIA: Yates Street Taphouse - 759 Yates St
VANCOUVER: Red Card Sports Bar + Eatery - 560 Smithe St

5pm
CALGARY: Rose & Crown Pub - 1503 4 St SW
EDMONTON: Urban Tavern - 11606 Jasper Ave

6pm
SASKATOON: Boston Pizza - 1519 8 St E Unit 10,
REGINA: The Lobby Kitchen & Bar - 2545 S Broad St
WINNIPEG (two locations):
Nicolino's - 2077 Pembina Hwy
The Kings Head - 120 King Street West

7pm
KITCHENER: McMullan's - 188 Highland Rd W
HAMILTON: The Endzone Bar & Grill - 1305 Main St E
MISSISSAUGA: The Green Goose Pub and Grill - 8-5165 Dixie Rd
TORONTO (two locations):
The Pint Public House - 277 Front St W
The Cloak & Dagger Pub 394 College St
OTTAWA: Senate Tavern - 1159 Bank St
MONTREAL(two locations):
Café Frappé - 3900 Blvd St Laurent
Burgundy Lion - 2496 rue Notre-Dame W
TROIS-RIVIERES: Microbrasserie La Forge du Malt - 2385 Bould. Thibeau, suite 204

@admin are the CSA truly promoting these this time like they did for WCQs a few years back?

Yes they will.

There are also going to be 7 CanPL watch parties for the game as well, to be announced tomorrow. 

Pre game in Orlando

Alex has set up a place for us in Orlando pre game.  Looks like a neat place, and he said the people there were really friendly.

We are booked in from 4pm, but can arrive earlier if we want. 

Ace Cafe Orlando

100 W. Livingston Street
Orlando, Fl 32801

It is a 15min walk to the stadium.  It is off the radar of the US supporters, which is good.  Not that they are a problem, always find them very friendly. 

23 hours ago, ESG Shawn said:

I'm good with Smithfield. I emailed them a week or two ago to confirm that a group of Canadians are coming but they never responded. I'll let my group know. 

Cool. Works for me. Buddies are bailing so may just be me at this point, but am trying to round up a couple others.

Edited by goleafs67

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

I've no idea who set up Betty's.  Anyone here?

Cloak and Dagger (394 College Street) has been good to us lately.  Great atmosphere for the MLS cup.

Canada Soccer tweeted out that graphic showing Betty's but Voyageurs FB post isn't showing the same graphic

On 11/8/2019 at 3:57 PM, MrsC said:

Winnipeg Viewing will be at Nicolinos again (2077 Pembina Highway).  We will likely be in the private room.

https://www.nicolinosrestaurant.com/

Just in case.  For those not in the know. 

Nicolino's is going to be busy Friday with the after-work crowd of course.  Popular place and always one of the regulars are booking some sort of event or other so could get real cozy in there really quickly.   

For those who haven't been, the louge is obviously to your left when you walk in, the restaurant to your right.  If you see a bunch of Canada supports to your left we're in the lounge (or at least starting there).   If you don't you'll find the private room tucked away at the back of the restaurant.  Cozy  Think you can legally hold about a dozen in there.  Been standing room only in there once or twice.  Which is fine.  I like to stand and if you like noisey.... 

King's Head is on the west side of King just north of Bannatyne across from Old Market Square.  (For those who confuse the two King is the north bound one-way and Princess the south bound one-way).  It's going to be BUSY.  It's Friday, the after-work crowd will be out and of course, there's no sidewalk patio in November to help spread that crowd around.  Parking in the Exchange is a bitch but there's a car park just south of Bannatyne which usually has a few spots, or the garage next door if you're lucky, give them a try.  If you prefer street level you might score a spot further up King.   

Don't know what they've got planned there for viewing.  All the TVs are on the bar level (as far as I know) so unless they've set something up downstairs that'll be the place to be.  Which is fine.  Seatings limited but plenty of room to mingle, bump elbows and there's lots of tele's.  You know, because it's a pub.

Either way, don't be shy, or loiter around the perimeter.  Whatever's your flavour.  Both venues allow for kids (until 9 PM at King's Head?).

Allez les Rouges!             

4 hours ago, narduch said:

This is definitely Paul Bierne's influence on the CPL. 

I beg your pardon?!?

This had nothing to do with him or else it would have happened sooner. The guy has been the top dude for a year but this only happens as he is out the door?

It is far more likely that it has come because supporters groups like ours have been pushing watch parties at pubs since before the season started and the clubs finally woke up to the idea.

20 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Just in case.  For those not in the know. 

Nicolino's is going to be busy Friday with the after-work crowd of course.  Popular place and always one of the regulars are booking some sort of event or other so could get real cozy in there really quickly.   

For those who haven't been, the louge is obviously to your left when you walk in, the restaurant to your right.  If you see a bunch of Canada supports to your left we're in the lounge (or at least starting there).   If you don't you'll find the private room tucked away at the back of the restaurant.  Cozy  Think you can legally hold about a dozen in there.  Been standing room only in there once or twice.  Which is fine.  I like to stand and if you like noisey.... 

King's Head is on the west side of King just north of Bannatyne across from Old Market Square.  (For those who confuse the two King is the north bound one-way and Princess the south bound one-way).  It's going to be BUSY.  It's Friday, the after-work crowd will be out and of course, there's no sidewalk patio in November to help spread that crowd around.  Parking in the Exchange is a ***** but there's a car park just south of Bannatyne which usually has a few spots, or the garage next door if you're lucky, give them a try.  If you prefer street level you might score a spot further up King.   

Don't know what they've got planned there for viewing.  All the TVs are on the bar level (as far as I know) so unless they've set something up downstairs that'll be the place to be.  Which is fine.  Seatings limited but plenty of room to mingle, bump elbows and there's lots of tele's.  You know, because it's a pub.

Either way, don't be shy, or loiter around the perimeter.  Whatever's your flavour.  Both venues allow for kids (until 9 PM at King's Head?).

Allez les Rouges!             

I believe the Kings Head viewing will be in the lower area.  They had a big screen down there last month, so it is probably still there. 

For Nicolinos, we will be in private room for sure, so start there.  Nick is also going to have the game on in the lounge as well, though it will likely be busy over dinner.