Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2020: Jan 28 - Feb 9

On 1/24/2020 at 11:25 AM, narduch said:

Reminder:

I'm hoping @onesoccer will have the games for replay a lot sooner than last year. Living on the West coast, no chance of seeing the games livestreamed. Hope when I get home after work at 6pm PST they will be available.

12 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm hoping @onesoccer will have the games for replay a lot sooner than last year. Living on the West coast, no chance of seeing the games livestreamed. Hope when I get home after work at 6pm PST they will be available.

Yeah, for me the first two games are OK, but the third will collide with my young kids’ bed time. I just signed up for a year subscription after taking a couple months off. I hope the replays are same day because last year was frustrating staying away from my go to sites and social media for days waiting for a replay so that it isn’t spoiled.

I watched the Mexico/Jamaica game, and it was a lot closer than I had anticipated.  Mexico had more skill on the ball, but it was held in check by Jamaica's athleticism and determination.  I couldn't really tell whether Mexico was worse than I expected or Jamaica better.   The former is good for team Canada's prospects in the group, while the latter is bad.  I think that if tomorrow's game between Canada and Jamaica is close, I'll be sweating bullets during the final group game against Mexico.

Edited by rkomar

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Yup. 9-0. The bigger question is how is Ashley Lawrence? Came off injured.

I suspect it was somewhat precautionary, but I could be wrong.  She played on the ankle for quite a while so I hope it wasn’t anything that will keep her out of the next game - or at least the semis.  

The best thing our women can do is get the hell out of the NWSL and over to Europe.  Huitema is obviously better for it and both Janine Beckie and Adriana Leon are thriving.  Beckie could barely get a start in Houston or Sky Blue but she's tearing it up at Manchester City playing as an aggressively offensive minded defender.  She's not scoring but that's not her job, she's just dominating her side and serving ball after ball in to the opposing teams box.  I also love the fact I can watch her and Leon on demand for free on the FA Player, as opposed to the weekly changes in "broadcaster" for the NWSL.

The NWSL is a USWNT league that promotes their style of direct, physical play with a real lack of the technical side you see in the European game.   Our women aren't prioritized there despite the CSA subsidizing their play.  If theEuropean clubs want our NT players I'm all for it.