Olympique_de_Marseille

Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2020: Jan 28 - Feb 9

On 1/24/2020 at 11:25 AM, narduch said:

Reminder:

I'm hoping @onesoccer will have the games for replay a lot sooner than last year. Living on the West coast, no chance of seeing the games livestreamed. Hope when I get home after work at 6pm PST they will be available.

12 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm hoping @onesoccer will have the games for replay a lot sooner than last year. Living on the West coast, no chance of seeing the games livestreamed. Hope when I get home after work at 6pm PST they will be available.

Yeah, for me the first two games are OK, but the third will collide with my young kids’ bed time. I just signed up for a year subscription after taking a couple months off. I hope the replays are same day because last year was frustrating staying away from my go to sites and social media for days waiting for a replay so that it isn’t spoiled.

1-0 so far for the ladies against St K&N. Sinclair from the spot to tie Wambach.   And she was fouled in the box when trying for a header she would have buried so it isn't a cheap way to overtake her.  

38 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

So, what will the Voyageurs be doing for the GOAT when she plays in her home city against Australia in a couple of months?

There are plans in the works. TIFO + GOAT-themed gift. We shall see if it all works out in the end.  @admin can confirm this.

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

No on TV AFAIK, but it is on OneSoccer.  

I wonder how much Concacaf sold the TV rights to OneSoccer.  Seems reminiscent of the past payout deals.

I watched the Mexico/Jamaica game, and it was a lot closer than I had anticipated.  Mexico had more skill on the ball, but it was held in check by Jamaica's athleticism and determination.  I couldn't really tell whether Mexico was worse than I expected or Jamaica better.   The former is good for team Canada's prospects in the group, while the latter is bad.  I think that if tomorrow's game between Canada and Jamaica is close, I'll be sweating bullets during the final group game against Mexico.

Edited by rkomar

32 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I think these next two matches will be challenges.  We have to top this group to avoid the Americans in the semi, right?

Because I can't see the Americans lose to Costa Rica, yes. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Up 2-0 against Jamaica.  37th minute.  If we can close this one out, we will be in great shape going into the Mexico game.  Gotta close this out and avoid any injuries.  

Yup. 9-0. The bigger question is how is Ashley Lawrence? Came off injured.

Christine Sinclair gets her 184th from the spot to tie the record and then a virtual tap in for her 185th to become the all time international top scorer.

Canada scored some beauties and Jayde Riviere's was the pick of the bunch, with an honourable mention for a couple of lovely Adriana Leon markers. But Canada also got into some great positions that didn't even result in a shot, and missed a couple of absolute sitters. Funny thing to say after an 11-0 win but they have to be more clinical. This should really have been about 16.

Edited by Lofty

FIVE goals for Jordyn Huitema who is an absolute menace in the air but is a bit inconsistent on the ground. Still, this was the "Huitema Beckie" show and it was fantastic to watch. Some beautiful set ups and clinical finishing.

Also, shout out to Desiree Scott who wore the Captain's arm band as she celebrated her 150th cap for Canada.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention another sterling performance by Canada's mostly unsung hero: Sophie Schmidt.

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

The Phonz-Huitema offspring can't come fast enough for Canadian football! 😄 

I mentioned this to my wife at least 3 times yesterday.  I suspect a gofundme campaign wouldn’t be appropriate but maybe some scented candles...?

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Yup. 9-0. The bigger question is how is Ashley Lawrence? Came off injured.

I suspect it was somewhat precautionary, but I could be wrong.  She played on the ankle for quite a while so I hope it wasn’t anything that will keep her out of the next game - or at least the semis.