Sexism In New Media

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Fyp to make it more inclusive 

If I follow what you are saying, I agree with some of that.  Yes, ultimately, I think we should want true equity with standards that go both ways. Men should also not be made to feel like objects. 

I think we just have to acknowledge that men and women are currently in much different places in how they are treated in this sphere. 

3 hours ago, DrummingInMySleep said:

If I follow what you are saying, I agree with some of that.  Yes, ultimately, I think we should want true equity with standards that go both ways. Men should also not be made to feel like objects. 

I think we just have to acknowledge that men and women are currently in much different places in how they are treated in this sphere. 

Or maybe we should just except the fact that human beings are attracted to each other and that's healthy and positive for our society. It makes people happy. Imagine the concept of prioritizing happiness 

2 hours ago, DrummingInMySleep said:

That is certainly the case, generally speaking. We can all acknowledge that.

I must admit though, when it comes to inclusion, I find we have this interesting approach that goes something like this:

"The majority of dirtbags are men so let's take them to task so that we can have an inclusive environment".

It is kind of like wack-a-mole. Overtime, I think women would feel less objectified, but men would feel more targeted. You fix one problem and create another.

What do you think?

As for this particular case, I have not heard their podcast since they went behind a paywall. I do like that Scottish guy though and I also like Andi very much. Does anyone know if she has taken issue with his comment? 

55 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Or maybe we should just except the fact that human beings are attracted to each other and that's healthy and positive for our society. It makes people happy. Imagine the concept of prioritizing happiness 

The year was 2084. The human desire called "attraction" was successfully erraticated decades ago. Sexism has finally been eliminated and Robo-tron 3000 now works in an very inclusive robo-environment. 

17 hours ago, DrummingInMySleep said:

Exactly, and looking at the on air talent for the respective networks is a pretty good reminder of this.

Ultimately, the comments are unprofessional and unbecoming and reinforce the idea of sports being a guy's domain. But if they're not coming from a professional news/sports outlet - it's just a podcast, right? - and they're not coming from the CanPL, then the people will have their say and the market will take its course.