Forge FC Season Thread 2020

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 4:06 PM, aredding77 said:

Maxim Tissot has officially joined Forge FC. 

I can't believe that this hasn't been hyped more on here by Forge fans. Huge signing along the lines of the David Edgar signing last season. Really solidifies our backline this season. Should also be a calming influence for Champions League. All of this assuming we get some footie this season.😁

What a difference a year makes, last summer we were congregating at THF watching some entertaining football in the new league, now that would be illegal, we don't know when the next match will be played, I'm guilty of not keeping up on Forge news as I have in the past!

8 hours ago, gator said:

What a difference a year makes, last summer we were congregating at THF watching some entertaining football in the new league, now that would be illegal, we don't know when the next match will be played, I'm guilty of not keeping up on Forge news as I have in the past!

"What a difference" for sure. To think 'the good old days' were just a few months ago.☹️

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

balbinotti was gonna sign somewhere..trained in brazil then went to lanaudiere in plsq and scored 6 in 10..dunstan watched him with chattanooga and he was not bad..forge still looks like the team to beat

I feel quite similar to last year before the season started. Many unknowns and even more with the chaos of losing the touted foreign imports. Many clubs had brought them in as pivotal pieces to their rebuild so when I thought teams like Cavalry, York and Edmonton were going to excel, maybe not so much now. Pacific could be a surprise package IF Diaz is a hit. Ottawa are a complete wildcard, Halifax I am not too confident about but they have improved and Valour surely can't get worse.. can they?