Sign in to follow this  
MM3/MM2/MM

Forge FC Season Thread 2020

8 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Can Forge make a deep run in the CONCACAF league?

Edgar helps but I think the stronger CONCACAF teams will be too tough until CPL increases that salary cap a bit.

Even money to win a round but I think the odds are against going further. Although with a good draw it could certainly happen.

9 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Can Forge make a deep run in the CONCACAF league?

Doubt it given the quality of some of the clubs involved, but stranger things have happened. Difference this time is that Central American clubs know they are no pushovers.

6 hours ago, Lofty said:

Edgar helps but I think the stronger CONCACAF teams will be too tough until CPL increases that salary cap a bit.

Even money to win a round but I think the odds are against going further. Although with a good draw it could certainly happen.

Agree with this, this past season was a good example, Forge did very well to upset the Guatemalan side but up against the Honduran team the class difference was quite apparent! I expect more of the same depending on the draw and quite look forward to another CONCACAF adventure, those were fun matches!

I'm interested to see how much of the team we keep. I'm hoping it's mostly the same, but wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of folks leave for more money.