FC Edmonton Season Thread 2020

On 11/3/2020 at 4:42 AM, yothat2 said:

let's see if he can convince alen marcina to come to the cpl 

Looks like a good hire! Brings alot of experience. 

So if you add Marcina to the puzzle, who has a background with Newendorp, you could take the next step and add an Edmonton-born keeper who's been with both who'd probably jump at the offer to end his career with FCE.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

https://gazette.com/sports/alan-koch-focusing-on-family-after-resigning-as-coach-of-colorado-springs-switchbacks/article_eed4b5ac-27b6-11eb-8f06-9f4b9ad3d366.html

Koch says he wants to be "anywhere that's driving distance from our house" in central British Columbia. So I guess it depends on if he considers Edmonton to be driving distance

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Resigned Marcus Velado-Tsegaye. Looking forward to him getting more minutes next year.

Weird how the Fced doesn't mention his time training in El Salvador with the u-20 

Be nice if they could get him a loan in central America before the next cpl season .. he's already down there 

I was curious as to what Canadians currently available had connections to Koch, so here is a list I came up with:

1. Ben McKendry (Currently with Atletico Ottawa, Played for Koch at WFC2, Has also played in Edmonton before)
2. Tomi Ameobi (Currently with FC Edmonton, Played for Koch at FC Cincinnati [USL])
3. Darryl Fordyce (Currently with Valour, Played for Koch at FC Cincinnati [USL])
4. Aidan Daniels (Currently with Colorado Springs, Played for Koch there last year)
5. Terran Campbell (Currently with Pacific, Played for Koch at WFC2)
6. Mele Temguia (Currently with FC Edmonton, Played for Koch at FC Cincinnati [USL])
7. Sean Melvin (Currently with Colorado Springs, Played for Koch there last year and with VWFC2)
8. Thomas Gardner (Unattached, Played for Koch at VWFC2)
9. Chris Serban (Unattached, Played for Koch at VWFC2)
10. Mamadi Camara (Currently with Colorado Springs, Played for Koch there last year)

24 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

I was curious as to what Canadians currently available had connections to Koch, so here is a list I came up with:

1. Ben McKendry (Currently with Atletico Ottawa, Played for Koch at WFC2, Has also played in Edmonton before)
2. Tomi Ameobi (Currently with FC Edmonton, Played for Koch at FC Cincinnati [USL])
3. Darryl Fordyce (Currently with Valour, Played for Koch at FC Cincinnati [USL])
4. Aidan Daniels (Currently with Colorado Springs, Played for Koch there last year)
5. Terran Campbell (Currently with Pacific, Played for Koch at WFC2)
6. Mele Temguia (Currently with FC Edmonton, Played for Koch at FC Cincinnati [USL])
7. Sean Melvin (Currently with Colorado Springs, Played for Koch there last year and with VWFC2)
8. Thomas Gardner (Unattached, Played for Koch at VWFC2)
9. Chris Serban (Unattached, Played for Koch at VWFC2)
10. Mamadi Camara (Currently with Colorado Springs, Played for Koch there last year)

Thought I saw the colorado switchbacks made it clear that aidan daniels and sean melvin are coming back regardless of the new coach.  

https://gazette.com/sports/alan-koch-focusing-on-family-after-resigning-as-coach-of-colorado-springs-switchbacks/article_eed4b5ac-27b6-11eb-8f06-9f4b9ad3d366.html

14 minutes ago, yothat2 said:

Thought I saw the colorado switchbacks made it clear that aidan daniels and sean melvin are coming back regardless of the new coach.  

Yeah to be honest I didn't check any further than the CanPL website to see who had been re-signed. Too bad though as I think Daniels would be a good get for a CPL club