Sign in to follow this  
MM3/MM2/MM

FC Edmonton Season Thread 2020

14 minutes ago, shamrock said:

I love how FCE keeps adding players from their Academy. Are they the only CanPL team that try to develop players? I mean, they all should do it.

Mu understanding of it and I had posted the podcast link that went into it, right now, they prefer partnering with existing academies. Totally possible to have a vision and have those academies implement it at their level and then sign the players.

Starting an academy means you're competing against existing ones in your areas who can screw with your business. (Shouldn't be this way but this is Canada). Unless you're big enough like Atletico or established like FC Edmonton, growing while working with other is the best strategy for short to medium term.

I think medium to long term, they all want to get there.

Looks likely Didic is coming back... unless he just wanders across the water and goes to Pacific or Ottawa buy him. 

Edmonton look to be playing the long game with youth. Roster looks woefully short of experience and proven quality. Definitely a shining light for Valour fans. 

They are covered in Goal and pretty much in defence, especially if Didic returns. They need some more quality in the midfield, out wide and maybe one more proven striker. I am surprised Ameobi stayed in terms of form but he has residency, is an experienced hand and probably doesn't cost much. 

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

I love how FCE keeps adding players from their Academy. Are they the only CanPL team that try to develop players? I mean, they all should do it.

A good chunk of the Cavs team has spent several years with Foothills which is essentially the Cavalry Academy. They have Pepple who is arguably the best u18 prospect in the league who they have brought up.

20 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Man this league is doing it right for their internationals 

They're actually underselling him.  The guy has 86 appearances (32 starts) in the Peruvian first division (10 goals) and 28 in the 2nd division (4 goals).  

https://ca.soccerway.com/players/raul-tito/338541/ 

By comparison, Jair Cordova had 20 in the 1st division (1 goal) and 51 in the 2nd division (35 goals).  

He's also younger so this is pretty impressive.

Edited by CanadaFan123

52 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

They're actually underselling him.  The guy has 86 appearances (32 starts) in the Peruvian first division (10 goals) and 28 in the 2nd division (4 goals).  

https://ca.soccerway.com/players/raul-tito/338541/ 

By comparison, Jair Cordova had 20 in the 1st division (1 goal) and 51 in the 2nd division (35 goals).  

He's also younger so this is pretty impressive.

I am Peruvian.

Cordova is better. Raul Tito at every club started off the season well but ended it off poorly. He's clearly talented but he struggles to maintain his level throughout the season.

Quick with a lot of flair and dribbling. It's a matter of "how long can he keep this up".

2 hours ago, Ingham said:

I am Peruvian.

Cordova is better. Raul Tito at every club started off the season well but ended it off poorly. He's clearly talented but he struggles to maintain his level throughout the season.

Quick with a lot of flair and dribbling. It's a matter of "how long can he keep this up".

Luckily for him the CPL season is short.

3 hours ago, Ingham said:

I am Peruvian.

At this point, I'll take it.

Looked inevitable when Vancouver acquired an international slot for $165,000 in allocation money, leaving two open roster spots and two open international slots.    Already have 15 Canadians on the roster.  The first MLS team to have a roster 50% Canadian.