MM3/MM2/MM

York9 - Season Thread 2020

34 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Only if you do it on international fascist day.  

That is not very inclusive. Why would you want to discriminate against the other 364 days of the year? 😂

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

@dmont, @SthMelbRed and @Bison44

You three are absolutely right.

I will create my own supporters group that will advocate nothing but support for the third position, we will call it the Y9 Union of Fascists. 

I hope the name of my group doesn't overly bother you all with faux rage. I hope you don't give a rat's ass if there is an alternative position LARP soccer supporters group. It's a free country right?

If you have any issue with this group, perhaps you should go seek therapy. 

What you do is none of my business.

See how easy it is?

6 hours ago, dmont said:

What you do is none of my business.

See how easy it is?

Obviously I'm being facetious. 

Anyhow, I don't think anybody here has an issue with the Dames supporter group. We are just commenting on the language is all. 

Posted (edited)

What a fun thread over the weekend lmao

Two things,

1. I can only laugh that people who consider "inclusive" and "identify as" to be politicized words, in soccer or in society. Lmao. Anyways, there are literally Y9 fans on other online platforms such as Discord and Twitter who I believe (correct me if I am wrong) are men who self-identify as women, for biological and/or social reasons. Regardless of what you think about transsexuals in a political sense, they exist in both a biological and a social sense, and hey if this SG seeks to include those Y9 fans who identify as women and are receptive to this SG idea, I don't know how any Y9 fan would say no to that lmao.

Yes, I fully understand that you aren't comfortable with the idea of those in the minority bandying together, but try to understand that there are many of those who are in the minority who for whatever reason feel the need to connect with those fellow people who are in the minority with them. Why do you think there are so many soccer teams in the GTA in leagues such as CSL and TSSL and the Hangar where there are teams from those who have immigrated or are descended from specific nations? Are you seriously suggesting they all disband and just join "Canadian" teams? Lmao that's just not ground in reality. We've already had this conversation before. 

2. The whole point of global football/soccer is that it is so inherently political. Sorry if that's something you aren't comfortable with, but that's the plain naked truth. International soccer, obviously, European and South American club soccer, very much so, other club soccer, somewhat as well. I thought we already covered the fact that a soccer forum focused on a single nation would most certainly have some nationalistic and political flavour attached to it, we should all be aware of that. As you two especially have reminded us. 

Edited by ironcub14

So, this is the last thing I’m going to say about this because it’s like talking to an especially obstreperous wall. Politics doesn’t belong in soccer. “Identifies as” is 100% political language. Just because you agree with it, or you view it as common, doesn’t negate that it is political. 

For some reason, many people are straw-manning what I’m saying. Let me make it super clear: I support the inclusion of women and trans people in Y9 fandom. The issue is that this group could’ve dodged the culture war bullet by using more generic and less political language, that’s all. 

I think that only an infantile mind needs to preen around signalling their ideology to everyone, everywhere they go. Left or right. I don’t want Y9 to be a political rally. I want it to entertain me with soccer. I don’t want the political inclinations of a handful of partisan people to drive away the many others who are sick of the bs. 

Anyways, good luck to this group, I hope they attract loads of new fans. I also hope that they think about whether their purpose is politics, or the attraction of female fans. 

Not surprisingly, I come on this thread and there are tons of posts by people I regularly block, a long stack of "You've chosen to ignore....". And I am so glad I do block some people, it saves a lot of headaches. You can still get the jist, that is fine. 

Most supporter sections in world football are extremely male dominated and many are hostile towards women, straight up. Smart line of argument to be hostile to the proposal as a way of demonstrating there is no reason not to join an intolerant gender-biased section.

Withouth having to dig through the vomit, less intolerant mentalities and types of posts people have been warned and banned on this board. Why do the moderators seem to only work in one direction?

Posted (edited)

I thought we were able to come to a decent understanding the last time we had a similar debate/argument, Ams. Like I said last time, I do see and understand some of your views. Nobody wants Y9 or CPL games to be overtly political. And I understand you are supportive of the inclusion of women and trans people. 

I just am not seeing how "identifies as" in this specific case for the Dames is political language. To me, it's both a biological and a social language, not political whatsoever. Politics to me would be how we as a society or individuals decide we want to treat women and trans people, or how we react to their self-identification as such. But to simply say we are looking for those who identify as women, that honestly seems like just biological or social language. 

Anyways, I'm sure we'd all rather talk about the Y9 season instead. So far, we've only had Antony Casimiro say that we may have signed Mutambala, right? Cool stuff, we definitely need some U21 signings lol. Anybody know what the penalty is for failing to meet the U21 minutes quota? Lol imagine if Y9 failed to meet it lol. 

Edited by ironcub14

52 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

I thought we were able to come to a decent understanding the last time we had a similar debate/argument, Ams. Like I said last time, I do see and understand some of your views. Nobody wants Y9 or CPL games to be overtly political. And I totally understand you are supportive of the inclusion of women and trans people. 

I just am not seeing how "identifies as" in this specific case for the Dames is political language. To me, it's both a biological and a social language, not political whatsoever. Politics to me would be how we as a society or individuals decide we want to treat women and trans people, or how we react to their self-identification as such. But to simply say we are looking for those who identify as women, that honestly seems like just biological or social language. 

Anyways, I'm sure we'd all rather talk about the Y9 season instead. So far, we've only had Antony Casimiro say that we may have signed Mutambala, right? Cool stuff, we definitely need some U21 signings lol. Anybody know what the penalty is for failing to meet the U21 minutes quota? Lol imagine if Y9 failed to meet it lol. 

Cheers. I’ll leave it there. 

re: the u-21 penalty, I think it’s a monetary fine. Not sure how much. In FM (I know... ha ha) it wasn’t huge. 

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

@Unnamed Trialist, you were banned for race baiting and saying bigoted things about a certain demographic. There's a difference.

To clarify for others not in the know here, this so-called 'race baiting' and 'bigoted view' was @Unnamed Trialistcalling out the fact that so many football spaces seem predominantly white, and that there is a need to be inclusive of the many non-white football fans. The framing of it as 'bigoted' is just more 'reverse racism' bs.

My start of pre-season opening day lineup is:

--------------------------------Ugarriza--------------------------

Petrasso------------------------------------------Vasconcelos

------------Aparicio--------Mannella---------Murofushi------

Abzi----------Gasparotto------Thompson-----------Doner

-----------------------------Ingham------------------------------------

I really think that the early start to training with the returning domestic players will pay off with a quick start to the season.  Three of our first five matches (3 of first 4 home matches) are against clubs that have had a large turnover or are brand new.  I like our chances of being in double digit points after 5 matches.  

7 minutes ago, Stouffvillain said:

My start of pre-season opening day lineup is:

--------------------------------Ugarriza--------------------------

Petrasso------------------------------------------Vasconcelos

------------Aparicio--------Mannella---------Murofushi------

Abzi----------Gasparotto------Thompson-----------Doner

-----------------------------Ingham------------------------------------

I really think that the early start to training with the returning domestic players will pay off with a quick start to the season.  Three of our first five matches (3 of first 4 home matches) are against clubs that have had a large turnover or are brand new.  I like our chances of being in double digit points after 5 matches.  

I like this lineup a lot. I’m especially excited to see what Ugarriza and Vasconcelos will add. Some of the Argie additions are more of an unknown commodity in my opinion, but I could see one of them challenging Murofushi at CM. The reason I see Vasconcelos and Ugarriza as more of a known commodity (despite never having seen either play) is that Vasconcelos was a Corinthians product and was then loaned out to regional clubs whilst Ugarriza played in the Peruvian top league fairly regularly.

Vasconcelos didn’t play for Corinthians’ senior side (I believe) but the simple fact of having been produced by their famed academy is worth something, and he has played frequently in lower Brazilian tiers. 

Anyways, I guess we’ll see!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

To clarify for others not in the know here, this so-called 'race baiting' and 'bigoted view' was @Unnamed Trialistcalling out the fact that so many football spaces seem predominantly white, and that there is a need to be inclusive of the many non-white football fans. The framing of it as 'bigoted' is just more 'reverse racism' bs.

What is a non white fan? And reversely what is a white fan? I genuinely would like to know

I think it's very important we understand how the racist mind works. Please tell us how you distinguish these different people and what makes them different. It's important you clarify

Edited by SpursFlu

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

What is a non white fan? And reversely what is a white fan? I genuinely would like to know

It amuses me that those who sanctimoniously call others racist are the ones who most often try to divide us along racial lines! Their lack of self awareness is astonishing! 😂

Edit: Oh, and that is not a political statement. It is just "biological and social language". 😆

Edited by Lofty

2 minutes ago, Lofty said:

It amuses me that those who sanctimoniously call others racist are the ones who most often try to divide us along racial lines! Their lack of self awareness is astonishing! 😂

If you feel so good about yourself please explain the difference. Let's understand the perspective. Apparently we need to treat people different based on their appearance. Please go on

Just now, SpursFlu said:

I guess your not allowed to call out racism around here. Nice values

Calling out racism is fine. Reporting it is better.

Going way off topic and starting a fight just for the hell of it, while pushing out false information, no need for that distraction.

Posted (edited)

When someone tells me we need to categorize people because they fundamentally think they are different and then treat them differently based on the definition you chose for them. That's the most racist trash I've ever heard and take it very personal. It has no place in this country and no place on this forum

Edited by SpursFlu

7 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

Calling out racism is fine. Reporting it is better.

Going way off topic and starting a fight just for the hell of it, while pushing out false information, no need for that distraction.

Did you or another mod delete yellowsweatygorilla's last couple of replies on this thread? That's just disrespectful and straight up censorship lmao. Restore them back, please. We can talk Y9, but we can also talk other topics here too, no need to baby us. 

Just now, SpursFlu said:

When someone tells me we need to categorize people because they fundamentally think they are different and then treat them differently based on the definition you chose them. That's the most racist trash I've ever heard and take it very personal

As do I. So click the report button instead of further antagonizing someone acting in a racist manner, and keep the threat on-topic.

For example, my contribution:

I'm very pleased that the Dames of York have stepped up and started their own supporters group, just as I'm please the Green Lions started one for people attending the university. It's great to see some focused supporters groups, and I hope they do a great job attracting more fans from their target demographics.

With 3 supporters groups, hopefully we'll see those attendance numbers grow this year.

5 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Did you or another mod delete yellowsweatygorilla's last couple of replies on this thread? That's just disrespectful and straight up censorship lmao. Restore them back, please. We can talk Y9, but we can also talk other topics here too, no need to baby us. 

Just reloaded my page, nothing is hidden...

I hate getting into this OT ****, but:

3 hours ago, Macksam said:

@Unnamed Trialist, you were banned for race baiting and saying bigoted things about a certain demographic. There's a difference.

2 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I will say that UT was not temporarily banned for the above reasons. He was temporarily banned for harassment, bullying, and issuing threats.

He was restored under the understanding that these actions would be discontinued, and, after some huffing & puffing, they have. I generally enjoy his viewpoints as they provide a welcome counterbalance (most of the time).

I don't really want to go further into this. IMO, it's water under the bridge. I wish UT saw it the same, but I can take his baseless jabs.