Sign in to follow this  
MM3/MM2/MM

York9 - Season Thread 2020

Cuts: Defenders Daniel Gogarty and Steven Furlano, forwards Austin Ricci, Stefan Lamanna and Cyrus Rollocks, and goalkeeper Matthew Silva were announced as the departures. 

Edited by Ansem

Gogarty surprises me as I thought that he was pretty good this season and held his own.  Furlano seemed like a useful tool to have in your pocket but ultimately he didn't make himself irreplaceable. I thought Ricci played well when given the opportunity however with Karajovanovic now drafted I can see why he is let go. 

Can't say that Lamanna, Rollocks and Silva are shocking as they saw almost no time on the field.  Surprised Cox wasn't on that list actually. 

39 minutes ago, Stouffvillain said:

Gogarty surprises me as I thought that he was pretty good this season and held his own.  Furlano seemed like a useful tool to have in your pocket but ultimately he didn't make himself irreplaceable. I thought Ricci played well when given the opportunity however with Karajovanovic now drafted I can see why he is let go. 

Can't say that Lamanna, Rollocks and Silva are shocking as they saw almost no time on the field.  Surprised Cox wasn't on that list actually. 

Yea, I am very shocked about Gogarty. He was a very solid backup, and was tidy at CB (while offering some flexibility as he can play as FB too).

But right now I am freaking out about rumours that Gattas posted thanks for the memories message on IG. Sigh .. the league needs to be consolidating its stars not releasing them (if he does leave I hope it's cuz he found a bigger club and not because york didn't want him...)

If that is true Y9 will have a lot of fire power to replace without Gattas and Telfer. 

I like Gattas but feel as though he wasn't clinical enough for the number of chances he had.  Outside of his hat-trick against HFX he was scoring at just over a goal every 3 games, respectable but nothing to drool over. 

EDIT: With that said, I wouldn't want to lose him right now. 

Edited by Stouffvillain

I think there are a few USL targets that would go well on York9. Would be great to sign a guy like Karl Ouimette for CB to pair with Gasparotto. As for a Telfer replacement, I think Carl Haworth would be a good fit there. He can also play a number of different positions which is helpful for the small roster sizes of CPL

On 11/15/2019 at 10:42 AM, Ingham said:

I agree with the departures. None left an impact (though Gogarty has his moments). I’m really happy Kyle Porter is being kept too. Some of the takes that he’s been garbage for York 9 are ludicrous in my opinion.

Porter and Di Chiara were pretty much nearly unanimously considered the weakest links in the starting XI for most of the season. Seems a couple late season goals and penalties have turned opinion slightly more positive, but they were the two clear obvious black holes in possession.

Easy giveaways on the ball, too many numerous missed passes. My guess is that either their salaries or their hometown statuses was what kept them in the starting lineup. They were above average defensively in the side as well. But the two clear obvious black holes on attack.

Edited by ironcub14