Jump to content

York9 - Season Thread 2020


MM3/MM2/MM
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Another noteworthy aspect of the schedule is that there are no home games after Labour Day.

ERUmWNtXUAAXYVt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Wonder if that means that the York Lions gridiron team are going to be playing there at that point?

The field isn't big enough for football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Looks like Mo Babouli was offered a contract by York 9 but I’ve learned from a good source that he turned it down , he was looking for more money. Therefore, can’t see any other CPL team offering more than what York 9 offered , which tells me he probably wanted enough money to make it worthwhile to continue playing pro soccer full time rather than getting a full time job in the real world. Unless another CPL team offers him more money I’m thinking he is done playing pro soccer full time and most likely gets a job outside of pro soccer. Don’t see him going anywhere else USL or even outside of North America at his age.

That's odd cause how much would the metrostars have paid him? Oh well, I hope y9 can get perruzza on loan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Lots of Friday night games. I like it. 

  • This.
  • I was quite vocal on here about Friday night games so I'm in a good mood to begin this weekend.
  •  It just makes too much sense
    • Easier to get people to commit to something on a Friday night when they are already out and about
    • I think it will be more palatable for the 18-35 demographic
    • People have things/chores/household things they need to get done on the weekend and taking over their Saturday afternoon is very unappealing

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

That's odd cause how much would the metrostars have paid him? Oh well, I hope y9 can get perruzza on loan. 

He would only have been doing that on a semi-pro basis. He probably already is working outside soccer and what Y9 offered probably wasn't enough to make going fully pro for seven months with a club held option for another seven months next year worthwhile from his standpoint. At some point the dream dies and people turn the page and move on with the rest of their life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Macksam said:
  • This.
  • I was quite vocal on here about Friday night games so I'm in a good mood to begin this weekend.
  •  It just makes too much sense
    • Easier to get people to commit to something on a Friday night when they are already out and about
    • I think it will be more palatable for the 18-35 demographic
    • People have things/chores/household things they need to get done on the weekend and taking over their Saturday afternoon is very unappealing

 

 

Definitely my preferred day for games. Wish Atletico had more Friday games, hope to make it for the Friday, May 8 game vs. Atletico.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

STH working in Mississauga, so getting to York Lions is trickier for me. However, I've got flexibility with work and can arrange my 4-day week differently if necessary. So, it should be fine. After that, am looking forward to the Friday night games because it will free up more time on busy weekends.

Expecting this Friday-laden sched to help attendance, if only because no TFC conflicts. Personally, with CPL now here, TFC has completely dropped off the radar for me, but not so probably for most of the TFC/CPL crowd.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CanSuffer said:

STH working in Mississauga, so getting to York Lions is trickier for me. However, I've got flexibility with work and can arrange my 4-day week differently if necessary. So, it should be fine. After that, am looking forward to the Friday night games because it will free up more time on busy weekends.

Expecting this Friday-laden sched to help attendance, if only because no TFC conflicts. Personally, with CPL now here, TFC has completely dropped off the radar for me, but not so probably for most of the TFC/CPL crowd.

 

I still watch TFC, but mostly on TV, and if there’s a conflict, York 9 wins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Is Gattas definitely done? Squad needs another striker and winger, maybe fullback cover but porter, petrasso and Thompson can all play there if needed. Squad depth is reasonably good though.

Yes, he signed with Gabala of Azerbaijan, his first game was with them yesterday, coming on as a 76th minute sub.

Attendance: 400

   
Edited by MM3/MM2/MM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 6:27 PM, CanSuffer said:

What I was thinking too. Perhaps they researched it and determined the overlap between footy and pointy-ball is not too bad. Or, at least, the best remaining option.

 

My guess is that TFC was the only real big sports team to avoid for the schedule. So once you take out Saturdays, you're left with Friday nights, Sunday afternoons or Sunday nights. 

I think most fans would definitely pick Friday nights among those three options. I think TFC Friday nights last season were well-received as well. There are a few fans, including me, who said they can't do Friday nights because of work or other Friday night plans, but I think the majority of fans like it, and that's definitely the most important thing for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

My guess is that TFC was the only real big sports team to avoid for the schedule. So once you take out Saturdays, you're left with Friday nights, Sunday afternoons or Sunday nights. 

I think most fans would definitely pick Friday nights among those three options. I think TFC Friday nights last season were well-received as well. There are a few fans, including me, who said they can't do Friday nights because of work or other Friday night plans, but I think the majority of fans like it, and that's definitely the most important thing for sure. 

The funny thing is TFC is saying they listened to their fans and got rid of the Friday night games for this season.

Personally I hate them due to other commitments.

Edited by narduch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, narduch said:

The funny thing is TFC is saying they listened to their fans and got rid of the Friday night games for this season.

Personally I hate them due to other commitments.

Haha that's new to me. Not the getting rid part,. but the part about listening lol.

No doubt, people's first choice will always be Saturdays. It is what it is. As long as the majority of Y9 fans and potential new fans are happy about Friday nights, that's what matters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Haha that's new to me. Not the getting rid part,. but the part about listening lol.

No doubt, people's first choice will always be Saturdays. It is what it is. As long as the majority of Y9 fans and potential new fans are happy about Friday nights, that's what matters. 

My preferred time is Saturday at 4pm. It gives you time to get to the game. And time to still do other things at night.

I miss those early season times for TFC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RS locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...