MM3/MM2/MM

York9 - Season Thread 2020

2 hours ago, CanSuffer said:

Just wondering, if Atletico Ottawa's colours are "Federal" red, "Rideau" blue, and "Blanc", then what are the official names of York9's colours? :))

Electric Green, Charcoal Green and Black on Black (I know, right?)

Looks like they've signed a Jamaican player. I wonder if it's Nicholas Hamilton.

7 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Electric Green, Charcoal Green and Black on Black (I know, right?)

Looks like they've signed a Jamaican player. I wonder if it's Nicholas Hamilton.

It is. He confirmed it on Instagram weeks ago.

Y9 need to simplify the colours. The shade of green is great but the black needs to go and the charcoal grey should be a minor trim if anything. Just give me Julian Draxler/Kevin De Bruyne era Wolfsburg please.

16 hours ago, CanSuffer said:

Just wondering, if Atletico Ottawa's colours are "Federal" red, "Rideau" blue, and "Blanc", then what are the official names of York9's colours? :))

The official club colours are green, grey, and black (branded by the club as "electric green", "charcoal grey", and "black on black"). These colours symbolize the region's nature (in tandem with the club's environmental focus) and Black Creek.

I remember hearing this at the time but had forgotten it.  This I found on their Wikipedia page.  

Try ordering any of these colours at your local paint store!  

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

Y9 need to simplify the colours. The shade of green is great but the black needs to go and the charcoal grey should be a minor trim if anything. Just give me Julian Draxler/Kevin De Bruyne era Wolfsburg please.

I think last year's home kit was amazing. 

I really liked both kits last year.  Own the green!

I don't see them going away from the green kit this year.  I could see them going with a black kit over the white but I don't think they go one black and one white leaving out the green.  

Black with 9 thin vertical green stripes running from the shoulder down could look really sharp. 

9 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

My xl is about the same size as a old TFC jersey. Maybe they updated the sizing. 

Or maybe I’m just fatter than I like to think 😕 

I don’t think so though... I’m definitely festively plump, but I normally wear an XL TFC jersey pretty comfortably, but my XXL York 9 jersey is uncomfortably form fitted. Maybe it’s not so much a sizing issue as it is a fabric/design issue; the thing fits but it feels like a bloody pair of spandex leggings on my torso! Not flattering (on me at least). 

If rumours are correct York9 signing a pretty decent young player who played with Aurora FC in League 1 Ontario last year and came through Aurora soccer from an early age, kids got loads of potential. Plays mainly as a right sided wide midfielder .

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

If rumours are correct York9 signing a pretty decent young player who played with Aurora FC in League 1 Ontario last year and came through Aurora soccer from an early age, kids got loads of potential. Plays mainly as a right sided wide midfielder .

Backup for petrasso? 

I think Springer is still with the team. But they still need to sign a young defender.