York9 - Season Thread 2020

4 hours ago, Ansem said:

This North Yorker is wearing Green at BMO field for the derby during the Canadian Championship.

OK, seen the vid.  THAT is effing funny.  They must have know how this was going to play before the launch.  As flattery.

A year on, a Euro giant investing in the league and now CPL is getting stink eye from one of MLS' biggest teams?  

Think we're onto something here lads.

5 hours ago, Stouffvillain said:

If they had done the boroughs that would've said Toronto.  This was intended as a statement to Y9, the CPL and potential investors looking to put clubs in the surrounding areas (Durham?) TFC considers all of the GTA their territory.

They had some of the boroughs. Whether it was a statement to Y9 is open to interpretation, but the fact that they included some parts of Toronto proper and not others is absurd.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

They had some of the boroughs. Whether it was a statement to Y9 is open to interpretation, but the fact that they included some parts of Toronto proper and not others is absurd.

Forgetting their own borough but making sure not to leave out East Gwillimbury (not sure the selling is right) screams intent

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

This North Yorker is wearing Green at BMO field for the derby during the Canadian Championship.

Hold your horses, we haven't won the first match yet. Let's take it one step at a time.

I will too though should we get there.. York 9 before TFC anyday. Actually, I think I'd be a Forge fan before TFC. 

Edited by Ingham

3 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Why do the Toronto York 9 fans seem to spend all their time talking about TFC?

I don't see this on the Hamiilton Forge thread. And little mention of the Whitecaps on the Victoria Pacific thread.

This is a weird comment to make. They are doing it because of the new TFC jersey that was announced yesterday. You are either being ignorant or obtuse.

Besides I'm sure most York9 fans are also TFC fans.

I'm curious why TFC fans feel the need to come onto this forum and white knight the club so often.

Edited by narduch

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

This is kind of a dumb comment. They are doing it because of the new TFC jersey.

There's more talk about it here, than in the TFC thread.

And that's just today's comments. It's often one thing or another. 

How about some York 9 discussion? Here's a question I had recently:

I noticed I was getting regular Hamilton Forge emails after attending a game there last season (probably because I bought on-line). But I don't get Y9 emails (probably because I bought at the gate). I was poking around the website to see how to add myself for regular emails - but couldn't find the link. Does anyone know how?

Edited by nfitz

Just now, nfitz said:

I noticed I was getting regular Hamilton Forge emails after attending a game there last season (probably because I bought on-line). But I don't get Y9 emails (probably because I bought at the gate). I was poking around the website to see how to add myself for regular emails - but couldn't find the link. Does anyone know how?

But its directly related to the TFC jersey announcement, which was a snub at York9. Which was announced yesterday.

Why wouldn't people be discussing that here?

The MLS sub forum is pretty dead. Which is a separate discussion.

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

But its directly related to the TFC jersey announcement, which was a snub at York9.

I think one would have to either be pretty paranoid to think that a big team like Toronto FC is designing their shirts with any consideration to what Y9 are doing!  LOL!

Seriously ... how does one get on the York 9 mailing list?

Edited by nfitz

Why does York9 not include North York in the "9" ? Seems kind of stupid....

In other news I bought a season ticket today, looking forward to the ticket exchange system. I can probably only make half the games being a Argos season ticket holder (I know) and go to a bunch of TFC and wolfpack games. 

When will they be announcing Hamilton? Will they sign a number 9 to replace Adjei? How about some depth on defense. 

46 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Why do the Toronto York 9 fans seem to spend all their time talking about TFC?

I don't see this on the Hamiilton Forge thread. And little mention of the Whitecaps on the Victoria Pacific thread.

1. Most York 9 fans are also TFC fans

2. Hamilton lives in it's own bubble. They hate being called a "suburb of Toronto".

3. TFC's new kit announcement may have not intentionally been a dig at York 9 but it's almost like acknowledging we don't exist. Given the fact they've lowered our attendances time and time again, it's kind of infuriating that they would post the York regions as one of their own.

Don't talk wet.

Edited by Ingham

1 minute ago, RS said:

Wait, what?

I don't know if you've been to a York 9 game my friend, but whenever TFC play at the same time as York 9, most of the Generation IX guys are there. I know this because I know most of the guys and the ones that do show up make the same complaint.

1 minute ago, Ingham said:

I don't know if you've been to a York 9 game my friend, but whenever TFC play at the same time as York 9, most of the Generation IX guys are there. I know this because I know most of the guys and the ones that do show up make the same complaint.

Ok, but why is this TFC's fault?  The MLS schedule comes out months before CPL's.

(I've been to 2 Y9 games)

39 minutes ago, nfitz said:

That’s because the TFC fans that are talking page after page about the jersey go to the Red Patch forums to do that, not the V’s. 

33 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I think one would have to either be pretty paranoid to think that a big team like Toronto FC is designing their shirts with any consideration to what Y9 are doing!  LOL!

While picking and choosing what boroughs or city’s to include they made sure to include EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 9. 
Also, this is exactly the kind of thing TFC would do because they know the people that will notice and care will be the CPL and Y9 supporters while the general public won’t. It’s subtle enough that those who haven’t been following the whole CPL and everything pre-launch won’t think twice about it. 

Have you tried the contact page? I’m getting emails all the time. 

17 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Why does York9 not include North York in the "9" ? Seems kind of stupid....

When will they be announcing Hamilton? Will they sign a number 9 to replace Adjei? How about some depth on defense. 

Can’t tell if the first part is sarcasm without an emoji. I’m going to assume it was. 

I don’t think they sign a like for like replacement for Adjei. 
I'm looking forward to the remaining signings. Last year a lot of unknowns turned out to be major players that no one saw coming. Who will be this years Ingham, Abzi or Doner? I have high hopes for Karajovanovic. 

17 minutes ago, Stouffvillain said:

That’s because the TFC fans that are talking page after page about the jersey go to the Red Patch forums to do that, not the V’s. 

While picking and choosing what boroughs or city’s to include they made sure to include EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 9. 
Also, this is exactly the kind of thing TFC would do because they know the people that will notice and care will be the CPL and Y9 supporters while the general public won’t. It’s subtle enough that those who haven’t been following the whole CPL and everything pre-launch won’t think twice about it. 

Can’t tell if the first part is sarcasm without an emoji. I’m going to assume it was. 

I don’t think they sign a like for like replacement for Adjei. 
I'm looking forward to the remaining signings. Last year a lot of unknowns turned out to be major players that no one saw coming. Who will be this years Ingham, Abzi or Doner? I have high hopes for Karajovanovic. 

Is Vasconcelos not a number 9? I hear that he can also play out wide, but isn’t he primarily a striker? 

He can play anywhere along the front but his primary position is out on the right. 

Hamilton can play in the centre up top. I see him and Vasconcelos switching off and on. Don’t see a target man type striker coming in to replace Adjei though. 

Edited by Stouffvillain

1 hour ago, Ingham said:

It's not, but it still makes me hate TFC. York 9 is literally competing with them for attendances.

Maybe someone here should send them TFC's schedule, so they can avoid conflicts?

1 hour ago, Stouffvillain said:

Yeah, I couldn't see where to sign up ... other than trying to phone or email them.

Perhaps if I phone them, I can read them TFC's home schedule so they can avoid the conflicts.

13 hours ago, Ansem said:

Looking forward to see Rick Titus back BMO Field!

Edited by nfitz

11 hours ago, nfitz said:

Try this page, https://york9fc.canpl.ca/contact.

But that's a great point, there should be a text box option on the homepage and on all Y9 websites at the bottom of the webpage where one can subscribe to the email newsletter. That text box could go right below the 6 buttons they have for their social media channels. Gonna pass that suggestion on now. 

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

Because then they would be York10...

Add in the old nearby former boroughs of East York and York, and it could be York 12. Though perhaps Region of York (RoY) makes it York 13 ...

But what about Fort York? Hmm, that might be a good nickname for nearby BMO Field ...

• RS locked this topic