York9 - Season Thread 2020

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/gabriel-vasconcelos/profil/spieler/382055#subnavi

570k value on. This could be a great signing. 

Lots of options up front now. Petrasso, Gabriel, Hamilton, Porter, Adjei, Mo? Then the draft pick from Carlton. 

As far as outsiders evaluations go Transfermarkt has the CPL's most valuable player as Kyle Bekker at 300k.  

My apologies, I got distracted with all the talk of player values and missed that it was just some Trasnfermarkt stuff - might as well be looking that up on Football Manager.

I mean, I hope it works out, but the soccer world is full of once promising former junior Brazilian footballers trawling out careers in marginal leagues...I certainly don't know him from a foosball man, but let's not get too blinded by his passport or the club that just released him.

10 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

I mean, I hope it works out, but the soccer world is full of once promising former junior Brazilian footballers trawling out careers in marginal leagues...I certainly don't know him from a foosball man, but let's not get too blinded by his passport or the club that just released him.

I agree with you, that's why I said "on the surface" that it looks like a good signing.  I lived through the early TFC years, when every new signing was going to "tear this league up", to know better.  

He's coming from a top club in Brazil that thought enough of his potential to hang onto him until he was 23.  He is coming here directly from Corinthians it isn't like he's spent 5 years with lower leagues since being released to have the "once played for a top club" label.  It's just one video but it looks like he has a good head for the game and technical ability.  Most of his success has come from playing against younger opposition, which will be in line with the opposition he will face here.  

He's not going to be the next Neymar but the CPL might be right in his wheelhouse to show he can be a successful striker.  This is a smart move by Y9 and the player to put both in a position to succeed.  Time will tell whether it works out. 

Still lots of off-season to go but so far this is how we're looking.

----Porter-----Vasconcelos-----Petrasso--------

-----------------------Aparicio------------------------------

-------------Mannella---------Di Chiara---------------

-Abzi-----Thompson---Gasparotto----Doner-

----------------------Ingham------------------------------

Bench:

Adjei, Murofushi, Estevez, Vance

Unsigned draft picks:

Karajovanovic (U21), Johnston (U21)

Rumored:

Hamilton, Babouli

That would be 19 spots taken 2 of the required 3 U21 Canadians to count to the 1000 minute mark and no defensive cover yet. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Stouffvillain
Petrasso confirmed

On 1/22/2020 at 4:49 PM, Mikmacdo said:

I asked Hamilton on Instagram when he's coming and he said "I will see you guys soon" check his story out. 

If he signed a pre-contract with the league before going into the simultaneous bidding process that isn't being called a draft then he won't arrive until his current contract is up with his club in Jamaica when the season ends there in late March.

They need to sign some u21 defenders. There's got to be some in league one....

I wonder if they could get a young CB on loan from TFC like Julian Dunn or Romeo. 

I would start

Hamilton-vasconcelos-petrasso

Murofushi-manella-aparicio

Abzi-thompson-gasparotto-doner

Ingham 

Good depth up front with Adjei, kara maybe mo? 

Lots of depth in midfield with di Chiara, Estevez, Johnson and Porter who can play the, rw and RM. 

A guy like Dunn or Romeo would be awesome but they need some cover at left back. 

33 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

I wonder if they could get a young CB on loan from TFC like Julian Dunn or Romeo. 

I would start

Ingham 

Lots of depth in midfield with di Chiara, Estevez, Johnson and Porter who can play the, rw and RM. 

A guy like Dunn or Romeo would be awesome but they need some cover at left back. 

That looks like a seriously good squad. I’m really looking forward to this season! I’m especially excited about the possibility of a date with TFC in the VC. 

13 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I would start

Ingham 

Really good call on the need for cover at LB, that's in almost every footy roster the most underrated and overlooked position by far, because there are so few leftys, especially those who can defend properly and still overlap when needed. Imagine Abzi going down for any number of games. 

Gogarty was very solid defensively, and I hope Gogarty is being considered again for re-signing, though if he left to look for a starting spot somewhere else, respect to him. Every roster needs at least 2 LBs, and another lefty who can play LB adequately for sure. 

• RS locked this topic