Pacific FC - 2020 Season Thread

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

17 year-old goalkeeper Emil Gozodov inks a 2-year loan deal with FC Nurnberg in the 2. Bundesliga.   

Underground? Then what they should do is leave the pole up. With nothing on it. Build the stands around it. That would be an iconic statement, people would come to games just to see the pole.

Who cares how much he makes, he's signed up and Pacific are expecting goals out of him despite what his track record is like.  It's a statement of intent from Pacific and an exciting signing for the l

Posted Images

11 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

If this can launch him from UBC to a pro career elsewhere, this league is getting something done.

One of my favourite players fwiw.

Right?!? Every time he was on the pitch  I expected big things. He didn't really show the same spark this year but that seemed like an issue with his playing time (not enough) than his talent and effort.

Aparicio has some similitudes with Fisk, although he plays in the middle of the park. He's dynamic and gets into the mix. He can boss the centre of the park at times, without being a pure central mid. Very strong free kicks, good long shots. Also, he's versatile, in Spain at Izarra (Piette's club as well) he was an outside back. 

I'm surprised on the York9 thread they are saying he did not matter so much to them, or dragging up innuendo. As if York9 could really afford to lose one of their top 3-4 players after this past season. I think we are going to enjoy him and he really strengthens the team.

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Really?! That’s not really a position of need for us and it’s not where I remember him lining up against us.

He's not a great passer or has the vision to be a number 10. Di Chiara or porter would play higher up the pitch usually. 

4 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

He's not a great passer or has the vision to be a number 10. Di Chiara or porter would play higher up the pitch usually. 

Really? Di Chiara played more advanced?

Edited by Aird25

Excellent! Those are all key players, and I'm thrilled to have them all back.

I hate this narrative that re-signing core players is "bolstering" the roster though. Every announcement in CPL seems to be like this. These are all players that should have been locked up on multi-year deals, yet because of the contract structures they could have easily left so we announce them as if they were new signings. 

• 2 weeks later...