mtlsab

2019-2020 Transfer Market

57 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

That's pretty good money. Wasn't really expecting transfer fees that high coming out of the 1st year.

I wonder if the number is in Canadian or American. Would be around $75,000 USD if its $100,000 CDN. Regardless that is a good chunk of the Cavalry's salary paid for already

4 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

I wonder if the number is in Canadian or American. Would be around $75,000 USD if its $100,000 CDN. Regardless that is a good chunk of the Cavalry's salary paid for already

I believe it's the 75k$ US  that Impact received last week from Colorado for the drafted RB

2 minutes ago, mtlsab said:

I believe it's the 75k$ US  that Impact received last week from Colorado for the drafted RB

Isn't GAM and TAM just more salary cap room rather than actual money? One of the many questions that has led to the decline of my MLS viewing

Like I always say, for whatever reason The USL is a dead end, especially for players.

I don't have an Athletic sub, but recently one of their writers took a deep dive into how not many players move up from USL to MLS. Which is  a total anomaly in soccer leagues.

--------------

I also saw on Twitter today that Didic is trialing with the Whitecaps.

58 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Tommy, if they offer you TAM or GAM you are getting ripped off. Unless it's Tam Nsaliwa. Then think about it. 

Heard the club tea lady pushed hard for a trade of 100k valued Tim Tam. 

Just now, narduch said:

Like I always say, for whatever reason The USL is a dead end, especially for players.

I don't have an Athletic sub, but recently one of their writers took a deep dive into how not many players move up from USL to MLS. Which is  a total anomaly in soccer leagues.

--------------

Dead end or means to an end.

Would have preferred Waterman but would be intrigued by Didic at Caps. Granted opposition was poor but Didic did surprise me with his ability on the ball and passing. He will always be a great threat from set pieces and solid addition to any backline for height. He deserves an opportunity and it is a natural step up to test himself in MLS. 

11 hours ago, narduch said:

--------------

On the positive side. At least of those 3 transfers.. one of them was Kaye.

I don't know why this has to be a p!ssing contest. Certainly a great start for CPL though and long may it continue.

Does USL even give out many multi-year contracts? If they stay conservative with one year deals then transfer fees are pretty much off the table except for mid-season. And one year deals are perhaps the sensible option for clubs that are losing money. Valour certainly seemed to have no trouble prising Bustos away from OKC early mid-season and no transfer fee was mentioned.

Edited by Lofty

3 hours ago, Lofty said:

I don't know why this has to be a p!ssing contest. Certainly a great start for CPL though and long may it continue.

Does USL even give out many multi-year contracts? If they stay conservative with one year deals then transfer fees are pretty much off the table except for mid-season. And one year deals are perhaps the sensible option for clubs that are losing money. Valour certainly seemed to have no trouble prising Bustos away from OKC early mid-season and no transfer fee was mentioned.

Shows how faulty their business plan is

On 1/16/2020 at 12:25 AM, Lofty said:

Remind me, were you the one that was very opposed to loans because your team is developing a player for a bigger team to profit from? I’m not saying one year deals aren’t the right thing in certain circumstances, but if am right in thinking it was you with the loan thing, that mentality doesn’t seem to square with your post above. Unless I am missing some nuance?

Apologies if I’ve got you confused with someone else.

Edited by Kent