Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Valour - 2020 Season Thread

14 hours ago, Cheeta said:

8th of December and nada on the 2020 kits.  If, as has been mentioned, they're looking to cash in on the holiday shopping they're leaving it all rather late. 

Lack of roster news doesn't trouble me too much yet.  Have to admit I'd love to hear about certain players returning for 2020, am a bit more anxious about that than new signing coming down the pipe. 

Only 5 more months to the new season!

1) I suspect that the black Valour kits are either very difficult to produce or they are getting a new kit sponsor.

2) I expect only about 1/3 of the 2019 team will be retained. And it will probably be quiet until January when they announce new contracts for existing players (Bustos, LBG, Attardo, Petrasso, Janssens) and then February we'll see the new signings.

3) I bet training camp starts late February and the season begins early April. So only like 3.5 months!

4)  Cross your fingers that Cristián Gutiérrez signs with us!

2 hours ago, HochelagaFC said:

If I was Rob Gale I would go hard after Thomas Meilleur Giguère. Defense is a need and with Béland Goyette, Le Bourhis and Garcia there is a Montreal connection.

That would be fabulous - imagine Meilleur-Giguère & Gutierrez being on the back line next year? Even if we lose Paolucci & Petrasso Valour instantly becomes extremely dangerous in 2020.

16 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

I think Paolucci said in an article that he had an 18 month contract, so that runs thru 2020.

If so, I'm not sold on it however his name has not been thrown around on any resignings and I didn't think he was overly effective.

The two draft picks are very good players and will help the team. Waters is a much better option the artardo up front. Hopefully they give a look to the two other players they drafted the year previous.

good to see mitter is gone. He was an embarrassment last year. 

TGM would be a great pickup. There’s some gossip there might be an international Cb coming as well 

I'll believe it when I see it about Waters being better than Attardo.  Gale bragged up Hoyle and his big numbers and english background and he was a complete disaster.  If Waters pans out in a rotation of Palucci/Attardo/Musse maybe we wont be starved for scoring, but I would hate to see Attardo get less minutes than last year.    

TMG would be nice, but he is prob ready to sit on the bench for Impact eh?  Where are Attakora or Tissot ending up??  And I would love to see someone sign Callum Irving as well....Farago was not the answer.  

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

TMG would be nice, but he is prob ready to sit on the bench for Impact eh?

TMG was released by the Impact, though who knows. Maybe he goes on trial there. Guy never seemed like he was given much of a chance

4 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Look like GK James Pantemis from Montreal Impact will be loaned to Valour

Fantastic news although then my question is what they do with the GK situation - Is Farago out? Is Janssens? I felt Janssens was by far the superior keeper.

15 minutes ago, T_Bison said:

Fantastic news although then my question is what they do with the GK situation - Is Farago out? Is Janssens? I felt Janssens was by far the superior keeper.

Farago was disappointing. Hard to say...

42 minutes ago, T_Bison said:

There is no reason to use an INT roster spot on a platoon/backup keeper.  Lets say 12 keeper spots in CPL, can we really not find 12 CAN's??  if Jannsens was significantly better (not convinced) than Farago, Tyson being from WPG still gives him the edge.  Pantemis would be the clear #1 and Montreal wouldnt loan him out if he wasnt going to get most of the games.  

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

There is no reason to use an INT roster spot on a platoon/backup keeper.  Lets say 12 keeper spots in CPL, can we really not find 12 CAN's??  if Jannsens was significantly better (not convinced) than Farago, Tyson being from WPG still gives him the edge.  Pantemis would be the clear #1 and Montreal wouldnt loan him out if he wasnt going to get most of the games.  

Totally makes sense if Pantemis would get the majority of reps and Farago would be the veteran backup. I thought Janssens was on a two year deal (for some reason) so maybe his contract could be moved if that's the case. 

To be clear, neither Farago or Janssens covered themselves in glory last year but based off allowed goals minus XG he was the (significantly) better keeper.

7 minutes ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Must have a better offer elsewhere

That's unfortunate! Loved him but if he got a good offer then I'm happy for him.

Agree with that Farago being dissapointing, I thought he would be one of he better keepers in the league..not fighting for a starting job in WPG.  He was fighting for backup minutes with Smits/Ingham in the NASL not that long ago.  Pantemis should be a nice upgrade, lets hope it works out as well as Crepeau going to Ottawa.  

20 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I'll believe it when I see it about Waters being better than Attardo.  Gale bragged up Hoyle and his big numbers and english background and he was a complete disaster.  If Waters pans out in a rotation of Palucci/Attardo/Musse maybe we wont be starved for scoring, but I would hate to see Attardo get less minutes than last year.    

TMG would be nice, but he is prob ready to sit on the bench for Impact eh?  Where are Attakora or Tissot ending up??  And I would love to see someone sign Callum Irving as well....Farago was not the answer.  

Artardo should have been playing pdl last year. He’s not pro level. Muse is not pro level ethier.

19 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Pantemis would be huge. Farago wasn’t pro level last year. Great he was local but he looked like a senior player playing pro. No point having janssens around taking an international slot even though he’s better then farago.

18 minutes ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Must have a better offer elsewhere

I think that’s likely, he should have more $ elsewhere

14 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Is this a fact re: Petrasso and LBG?

Marinaro went on to say that he was hearing that LBG would not be returning to Valour. As for Petrasso, I haven't heard anything concrete, but I think many people were expecting this to be his only season with Valour

This is not surprising.  Some of the inside whispers I have heard suggest Valour could actually be weaker this season.  Not at all surprised if LBG and Petrasso have left for greener pastures.  I expect as much.  

Valour will need some impact imports.  Overall last season's imports were marginal at best.

Hopefully we get some official announcements soon.