Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Valour - 2020 Season Thread

8 minutes ago, Ansem said:

If he plays in Chilean Third, he would have been better off with Valour.   He 'should' be in Europe.........is there a contract signed or is he hoping ?

I doubt Valour were planning to lose him this close to kick-off.  All indications were that he was staying with Valour for 2020 season.   This is starting to look a bit botched and leaves us with nothing up front.

Edited by Winnipeg Fury

10 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Guess he really wanted out then. Can't believe another year in the CPL would have been any less beneficial than this. I guess if he is played out of position maybe?

My understanding of it is that

1. They missed the Euro window
  2. Valour could have lost him for nothing
  3. They sold him to the Chilean club
  4. There's still huge interest in Europe (Switzerland, Portugal and Spain) & Liga MX
  5. Might (most likely will) be sold again to a bigger club in Europe without even playing a single game in Chile
  6. Valour and the Chilean club gets paid instead of Valour getting nothing (Valour gets something in the resell, so paid twice)
  7. Attardo has a Euro passport, so likely to be bought
  8. Worse come to worse, he belongs to Chile who can loan him to a better league and/or back to Valour
Edited by Ansem

24 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Is this like that second tier Montevideo club that exists only to farm out players to Europe?

Six figure fee from a third tier Chilean side? Are they counting the decimal places? What a career risk. Sketcheyyyyyyy

Hasn't everything about the Valour off-season been a bit Sketcheyyyyyyy....

Sooo he still might be back for the start of the season??  Reminds me of that sketchy Henry to Cyrpus/west ham unfortunate series of events.  Either way, I hope he keeps improving and we'll be watching and waiting for him to tear up Chile and get a call up for CMNT.  

1 hour ago, lazlo_80 said:

Wouldn’t it have been easier to just extend his contract to make sure they got a transfer fee?

Sure, but he'd have to agree to sign. And for that to happen they'd have to give him more money.

So that would be a "no" then! 😁

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Hasn't everything about the Valour off-season been a bit Sketcheyyyyyyy....

My fears about the Bombers (aka WFC) owning this team are coming true. Now it seems as though they shipped out Attardo to some South American middle-man who will take a cut of the eventual fee. There is another European transfer window in the summer! What is the rush? Interest payment on the stadium debt post due? 

OK, I looked it up.  Ten different players scored for Valour in 2019 for 31 markers.  Of those ten, one is returning Dylan Carreiro (who finished really strong I thought) and Ali Musse (who squandered the year I thought) is a soft maybe.  Each with 2 goals.

*blink....blink-blink*

We are so fu'ked. 

1 hour ago, The Real Marc said:

Is this like that second tier Montevideo club that exists only to farm out players to Europe?

Six figure fee from a third tier Chilean side? Are they counting the decimal places? What a career risk. Sketcheyyyyyyy

Edited: I meant Deportivo Maldonado

Transfermarkt has him valued at €100k ~= $143k CAD. "Six figure sum" implies $100k CAD. I'm sure they will make money on the deal. That is a small amount to gamble on a young striker who could end up being worth ten or a hundred times that amount (or more!) in a couple of years, if he fulfills his potential.

4 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Transfermarkt has him valued at €100k ~= $143k CAD. "Six figure sum" implies $100k CAD. I'm sure they will make money on the deal. That is a small amount to gamble on a young striker who could end up being worth ten or a hundred times that amount (or more!) in a couple of years, if he fulfills his potential.

I mean, transfermarkt values are second only to Football Manager for randomness but I digress. I just wonder how much money a third division Chilean side can have laying around to throw at a completely speculative purchase...or if this is his or some other agent fronting some money and finding a club that will provide a facade for a fee. Admittedly speculative on my part..