Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Valour - 2020 Season Thread

Sooo, we have Soto, Levis and Babtiste in on defense, Pantemis (not officially) at keeper, Dyer, Fordyce, Aird, Antwi in the middle.  Add a few of those limbo guys like Ohin, Musse, Farago, Galan, a few usport draft picks, Attardo to the 4-5 guys who have already signed and what are we missing?? Another good striker and I could see this team being better than last season.  

48 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Sooo, we have Soto, Levis and Babtiste in on defense, Pantemis (not officially) at keeper, Dyer, Fordyce, Aird, Antwi in the middle.  Add a few of those limbo guys like Ohin, Musse, Farago, Galan, a few usport draft picks, Attardo to the 4-5 guys who have already signed and what are we missing?? Another good striker and I could see this team being better than last season.  

Ben Fisk

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

My guess is that the team will be better too although that is the typical optimistic football fan talking. But a big strong centre back was badly needed and Jean-Baptiste seems to fit the bill. If we look at the spine of the team it does seem a bit stronger: Pantemis supposedly better in goal; Jean-Baptiste appears to be a big upgrade over Thomas; hard to judge who to compare in centre midfield but I'm inclined to go with the more defensive minded Beland-Goyette vs. the more offensive Fordyce: and I think perhaps we have lost a bit of ground there but not too much if Fordyce is as advertised; and centre forward remains a mystery, as it was last year, but Attardo is a year older and Charlie Waters was a scoring machine at the lower level so if he can step up, it could get interesting. The marauding maroons are coming to town!

My major concern is that Gale will trip over himself trying to be too clever again. He seems to do a good job bringing in players but then he doesn't know what to do with them. He will be the make or break factor -- again. Success or failure will fall squarely on his shoulders. I hope he figures it out.

Edited by Lofty

CPL website teasing Arnone to Ottawa. Fisk has been floated as being available for a while. Could also see him in Ottawa. 

While another attacking winger wouldn't hurt Valour surely need a quality striker, two at least if Attardo doesnt stay. 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

CPL website teasing Arnone to Ottawa. Fisk has been floated as being available for a while. Could also see him in Ottawa. 

While another attacking winger wouldn't hurt Valour surely need a quality striker, two at least if Attardo doesnt stay. 

Fisk is left sided to I believe and can play in the middle. 

8 hours ago, johnyb said:

In an email I received from WYSA tonight they claim returning local players to Valour are Carreiro, Farago, Attardo, Ohin and Pena.

Sounds about right.  There may be some new local additions after training camp.

Keani Fairbanks is currently with Korinthos in 3rd Division Greece as he continues his climb to the top. He started 2018 in 5th Division Portugal, advanced to 4th Division Holland in August and moved to Greece in January, 2019.

On 2/17/2020 at 9:40 PM, top cheese said:

Fisk is left sided to I believe and can play in the middle. 

On the Pacific thread it's been confirmed that Fisk is training with a pre-preseason group of players on the island. 

His Spain experience would possibly make him a prospect for Atletico, if they want to go there. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist