Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Valour - 2020 Season Thread

13 minutes ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

My Corydon Comet U-10 team, must have taught him a few tricks that day he was at practice with us.

Based on how well he is doing there and how poorly Hoyle did here, this may be no joke lol

2 minutes ago, Terry_Canuck said:

I was hoping for Waters too...treat him well Valour.

Yeah, I have to imagine Hart was planning to pick him in the second round before he got sniped at the last minute. Ruby is a solid player though, so it's hard to be upset.

Edited by Zem

Here's a thought.  If it wasn't for CPL would a player like Sacramento ever have thought about playing in NZ?  Going on a footballing adventure overseas? 

I fully expect him to return to Valour for the 2020 season, and better from the experience.  

Come out to the lower room at Kings Head Pub tomorrow night to watch Canada take on USA as they look to secure their spot in the final qualifying round for the 2022 World Cup! 

Kick-off is at 6 PM, and there will be happy hour pricing for the entire game for all our Founding Valour FC members, as well as door prizes and random draws throughout the evening!

4 hours ago, Winnipeg Fury said:
Come out to the lower room at Kings Head Pub tomorrow night to watch Canada take on USA as they look to secure their spot in the final qualifying round for the 2022 World Cup! 

Kick-off is at 6 PM, and there will be happy hour pricing for the entire game for all our Founding Valour FC members, as well as door prizes and random draws throughout the evening!

Anyone up for Nicolino's ?

All the usual suspects.  Don't think the in-laws and nephew are coming tomorrow but we'll see.  Straight to from work for me.  Think the wee elf & Carol have been working on your Trace. 

12 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Still figuring my evening out. I'll be watching, not sure where yet. Nicolino's is my preferred destination but Happy hour pricing caught my attention above.

You gotta go with Nic's.  He's been serving the V's for years.  Forget happy hour, I'll buy you a drink.

Pre-season article on Hawkes Bay United (the NZ team where Dylan Sacramento is playing):

The Triple S action of Sacramento (Dylan), Selemani (Ahinga) and Signey (John) is expected to provide the torque for the opening match of the premiership, which kicks off against Auckland City FC at 4.30pm at the Bluewater Stadium this Saturday.

Greatholder says Sacramento possesses tidy feet and fantastic technique, which will see him fulfil a creative role.

"He unlocks defences and is easy on the eyes so he's technically gifted and will, hopefully, excite the punters this season."

Bay United's mission statement is to try to help their talent to be the best they can be but not lose sight of the burning desire to win matches for the province, sponsors and the fans.

"We want to see a result on the park but also have that development aspect where we've got to bring our local boys in for some different exposure which we believe will bring people through the gates.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay-today/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503460&objectid=12280328&fbclid=IwAR2iKgT-Emy1HdmawTqnb_efSJRkh9oCVoLnimOEmOST6Xne4mZnZbtdKlk

On 11/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, Winnipeg Fury said:

You gotta go with Nic's.  He's been serving the V's for years.  Forget happy hour, I'll buy you a drink.

Agree, Nic's been great. Had to drive my son to work and was going to come by for the second half but wasn't feeling it after the first half. Thanks for the offer.

I'm starting to think that CPL actually stands for Covert Private League.

It is imperative that everything be kept secret. No wonder they don't get much press coverage!

Returning: Valour FC have picked up the contract options of defenders Raphaël Garcia and Yohan Le Bourhis

Not returning: The club also announced that midfielder’s Josip Golubar and Glenn Muenkat, along with defender Adam Mitter will not be returning next season.

Edited by Ansem

Not really surprising. 

Garcia & Le Bourhis are young (20 & 19 respectively) backs which, while Valour's D was horrible, are still young and still have potential. Golubar's knee is probably done. Muenkat never started and only made an appearance nine times (never mind the social media thing). Mitter has about the same stats as Le Bourhis, so I'm guessing that he's being replaced by him.

I'm guessing that Valour starts hunting for a dependable veteran Center-back to anchor a lineup that's going to be super young.