Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Valour - 2020 Season Thread

New kit will be out in the next couple of weeks, which makes sense. Having a store in St. Vital Centre for Nov/Dec also makes a lot of sense. Good to see Valour doing some things right on the sales and marketing side.

This will shift a bunch of 2020 season revenue into the annual statement for 2019 so we will need to watch out for that when we examine the numbers.

2020 home jerseys will be arriving in November just in time for the holidays. For those who have pre-ordered jersey packages, you will be notified directly when they arrive at the team store. You will receive the same number of jerseys and sizes you originally signed up for.

We will also be adding a team holiday store in St. Vital mall for November and December. Get your family and friends geared up in Valour FC gear and 2020 ticket vouchers which can be used for any game.  

11 minutes ago, Lofty said:

New kit will be out in the next couple of weeks, which makes sense. Having a store in St. Vital Centre for Nov/Dec also makes a lot of sense. Good to see Valour doing some things right on the sales and marketing side.

This will shift a bunch of 2020 season revenue into the annual statement for 2019 so we will need to watch out for that when we examine the numbers.

I expect that the store will feature both Valour & Bomber merch and I'm pretty sure they have done that in years past so I don't expect there to be a huge needle move on the bottom line with respect to that. However, getting to see the financial report of WFC next year is going to be pretty eye opening. It will really give us a sense of the rules within the CPL.

6 hours ago, T_Bison said:

I expect that the store will feature both Valour & Bomber merch and I'm pretty sure they have done that in years past so I don't expect there to be a huge needle move on the bottom line with respect to that. However, getting to see the financial report of WFC next year is going to be pretty eye opening. It will really give us a sense of the rules within the CPL.

It will probably be the only team to have open books, we'll see exactly what the cap is and what cash they are getting from media pro.  

The Winnipeg Football Club 2018 Annual Report shows the level of detail we can expect on Valour's finances in 2019. Unfortunately it is not very granular:

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/04/2018-Winnipeg-Blue-Bombers-Annual-Report.pdf

Valour FC Inc. is an independent Manitoba Corporation and it may be possible to get more detailed financial statements from Manitoba Companies House. And it seems those would be needed in order to have a chance to discover details like 2019 player salaries and payments from CPL (related to deals like Media Pro).

So I asked my Valour rep a couple questions when doing my season renewal (this is the e-mail verbatim):

1. The 2020 kits will be available in November – do you know if there are any significant changes to them? New kit sponsor, women’s cut & sizing, etc?
  2. I noticed that a subscription to OneSoccer is part of the season package. I have the annual subscription to OneSoccer which runs out in April (I believe). When would the new one soccer subscription kick in – at the end of my current subscription or is there another date it starts?

And their response:

1. As far as the kits, there will be slight design changes, as is typically the case from one season to the next.  I have not yet heard of any changes to the sponsor on the front.  The sizing will be European, same as last season, while I expect the cuts & size offerings to remain the same for men’s, women’s, and junior styles.  I doubt that I’ll know any more than that until the date when they’re unveiled.  We’ll be sending out an email to founding members confirming the unveil date & when they will be available for purchase.
  2. You will not be charged for the annual One Soccer membership renewal, however we’ll have to wait for word from One Soccer regarding any steps you need to take.  All that I have been informed of is that more information will roll out in the new year, so expect to see an e-mail regarding the season ticket member One Soccer membership by then.  If not, feel free to contact me just in case we’ve got any news for you then.

So that's what it is. And just to put it out there - my rep has been nothing except responsive and good to me. So no killing the Valour messenger!

7 hours ago, T_Bison said:

So I asked my Valour rep a couple questions when doing my season renewal (this is the e-mail verbatim):

1. The 2020 kits will be available in November – do you know if there are any significant changes to them? New kit sponsor, women’s cut & sizing, etc?
  2. I noticed that a subscription to OneSoccer is part of the season package. I have the annual subscription to OneSoccer which runs out in April (I believe). When would the new one soccer subscription kick in – at the end of my current subscription or is there another date it starts?

And their response:

1. As far as the kits, there will be slight design changes, as is typically the case from one season to the next.  I have not yet heard of any changes to the sponsor on the front.  The sizing will be European, same as last season, while I expect the cuts & size offerings to remain the same for men’s, women’s, and junior styles.  I doubt that I’ll know any more than that until the date when they’re unveiled.  We’ll be sending out an email to founding members confirming the unveil date & when they will be available for purchase.
  2. You will not be charged for the annual One Soccer membership renewal, however we’ll have to wait for word from One Soccer regarding any steps you need to take.  All that I have been informed of is that more information will roll out in the new year, so expect to see an e-mail regarding the season ticket member One Soccer membership by then.  If not, feel free to contact me just in case we’ve got any news for you then.

So that's what it is. And just to put it out there - my rep has been nothing except responsive and good to me. So no killing the Valour messenger!

Oh sweet about the jersey, I really wanted the Maroon one. absolute beauty. they were gone by  late summer when I was committed to splurge $$$

15 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

Merged them both. Enjoy!

Not sure what you merged as there were no posts in the duplicate -- other than mine saying it was a duplicate.

24 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Not sure what you merged as there were no posts in the duplicate -- other than mine saying it was a duplicate.

That's a funny way to say, "thanks"? ;)

Dear 

Dear Dwayne,

A new seasonal Team Store will open this Saturday in St. Vital Mall for the holiday season. The store's grand opening will take place on Saturday, November 9th with Vic in attendance and a special double discount for season ticket members at this store and on this day only!

Get an early start on your holiday shopping, or get ready for next season, with some great Valour FC gear!
Edited by Winnipeg Fury

3 hours ago, ted said:

That's a funny way to say, "thanks"? ;)

Aren't you getting tired of sending snide remarks my way?

The request was to delete the duplicate which had zero meaningful posts -- and that would have been the best course of action so that this thread did not get cluttered with the meaningless posts in the duplicate.

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Aren't you getting tired of sending snide remarks my way?

I was going for gentle ribbing, hence the "winky" so you would know I wasn't being serious. 

chill leopard GIF

14 minutes ago, ted said:

I was going for gentle ribbing, hence the "winky" so you would know I wasn't being serious. 

chill leopard GIF

Time for you to find a new target for your snide and snarky "gentle ribbing" because I can "gently rib" with the best of 'em.

You have been warned.

Been looking a the U-sports players...Jackson Farmer and Jordan Haynes were both decent in USL for VWC 2.  Both at playing well at UBC, mid 20's, CB's if I recall.  Could they be any worse than our current defenders?  We have 2 draft picks this weekend...who are we picking?

On 11/1/2019 at 3:20 PM, Winnipeg Fury said:

Dear 

Dear Dwayne,

A new seasonal Team Store will open this Saturday in St. Vital Mall for the holiday season. The store's grand opening will take place on Saturday, November 9th with Vic in attendance and a special double discount for season ticket members at this store and on this day only!

Get an early start on your holiday shopping, or get ready for next season, with some great Valour FC gear!

For anyone looking to attend with their kids, Vic will be there between 11-1.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, Bison44 said:

Been looking a the U-sports players...Jackson Farmer and Jordan Haynes were both decent in USL for VWC 2.  Both at playing well at UBC, mid 20's, CB's if I recall.  Could they be any worse than our current defenders?  We have 2 draft picks this weekend...who are we picking?

I'd be pretty happy if we could snag Jackson Farmer.

20 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

Decent kit there TrenchGirl; pardon my ignorance but is King's Head an actual company?

King's Head is a downtown Winnipeg pub, and one of two establishments where supporters gather (Nicolino's, much closer to the stadium, being the other).