2020 Concacaf Champions League

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think with the change of format in 2021 for club world cup and it only happening every 4 years. I would love to see this current week to now be used as a 2 leg CCL Copa Liga Super Cup 

Monterrey did the region very proud today.. I gotta say I loved the Oles on Liverpool from Mexican supporters. Pretty funny

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, narduch said:

Yesterday's results:

Portmore 1-2 Cruz Azul. Portmore got CONCACAFed. They were leading 1-0 and gave up 2 late injury time goals.

Portmore weren't CONCACAFed.  There was a lot of injury time but but it was justified time as Portmore spent about 10 minutes lying on the pitch injured after they took the lead.  Their keeper alone had three spells on the ground. 

Cruz Azul were quite bad on the night. Aside from hitting the bar they never looked dangerous.

6 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Love this tournament. Really looking forward to tonight's game. Would love to see a Cavalry in Concacaf League. Double the chance of a CPL side getting in the 2021 edition

We really should be lobbying for a 2nd spot.

CPL runner up enters in the Preliminary Round. CPL Winner enters 1 round later.

I think it was more about perception and the amount of teams in the league. With 8 now we should get 2 spots and with 10 teams we should definitely get 3 spots. And for those who would say, what about the MLS teams? It's simple. You just offer them the opportunity of qualifying for CCL by qualifying thru League. I think we know the answer to that proposal. So the CSA can turn the remaining spots over to the CPL unless Concacaf is willing to give the CSA 2 direct spots in to CCL

16 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I think it was more about perception and the amount of teams in the league. With 8 now we should get 2 spots and with 10 teams we should definitely get 3 spots.

That is incorrect, with 8 clubs we get 1 spot, just like Belize, with 10 we would get 2, just like Nicaragua, and with 12 we would get 3, just like the other Central American leagues. The only exception is Honduras who get 3 spots with 10 clubs, but they're indisputably one of the top countries in CONCACAF League, while the CPL brand-new and has yet to make any real waves in the competition.

1 hour ago, Zem said:

That is incorrect, with 8 clubs we get 1 spot, just like Belize, with 10 we would get 2, just like Nicaragua, and with 12 we would get 3, just like the other Central American leagues. The only exception is Honduras who get 3 spots with 10 clubs, but they're indisputably one of the top countries in CONCACAF League, while the CPL brand-new and has yet to make any real waves in the competition.

I think you need to mix some art in to your science my friend. They're not just handing out spots based on some kind of spots to teams participating in your league ratio. CPL is catching up to get its league to a more "traditional" amount of teams yes but it is already ahead in structure, resources, ambition, stadia, potential for growth and I don't think you need to be Sir Alex Ferguson to recognize that the level of play is on par with some and ahead of some of the Central American leagues. Plus there is 2 extra spots, in my opinion, waiting and created with the CPL in mind. To be successful in life you need not tell what has happened, you need to tell people what will happen. So make this all more exciting, make this all more money and add Canadian teams now

Edited by SpursFlu