Match Thread: October 19, 2019 - Pacific v Valour

narduch

Going to be tough one just because you don't know what you'll get from anyone. 

Was thinking after the York match there must be a lot of uncertainty amongst the squad, being end of season and all.  It's been a miserable year, it's a budget league and it's going to have high turn over and who knows if you can even hang onto the players you actually want to keep?  And who decides who you want to keep or don't want to keep?  Gale?  Will he be here next year? 

Players/agents have been talking to management for weeks now and I'm sure some of them have come away from those conversations with less than warm & fuzzy feelings.   Maybe some of that stress is showed in their play Wednesday.

All the above equally applies to Pacific's players as well.   

So maybe not the best footie but should be well worth the watch.  Great crowd, all eyes on Campbell, and some of that "good" Left Coast weather to-boot.  Fine way to see-off the season  

Edited by Cheeta

On 10/19/2019 at 3:41 PM, Lofty said:

Pacific are "the Tridents". I like it.

No. No we are not.

Fuck whatever out--of-touch, Torontonian, prawn-sandwich-eating, wanker came up with that bullshit.

OTOH, if it helps us make the switch to the trident badge from the Klingon-day-spa logo we currently have... up The Tridents! ;)

1 hour ago, ted said:

No. No we are not.

**** whatever out--of-touch, Torontonian, prawn-sandwich-eating, wanker came up with that ********.

OTOH, if it helps us make the switch to the trident badge from the Klingon-day-spa logo we currently have... up The Tridents! ;)

I wouldn't mind the name as much if the team was referred to as Vancouver Island and the other logo was used. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.