Canadians abroad: Oct 18-Oct 24, 2019

jordan

Only saw the second half. David did not have many touches from about the 70th minute onward. Didn't really influence the game. Kind of similar to the USA game in that I saw a mix of good and sloppy touches, but either way, the number of touches was rather limited.

Didn't watch the first half so cannot comment on his chance.

16 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Only saw the second half. David did not have many touches from about the 70th minute onward. Didn't really influence the game. Kind of similar to the USA game in that I saw a mix of good and sloppy touches, but either way, the number of touches was rather limited.

Didn't watch the first half so cannot comment on his chance.

I honestly think it is tough to play the way they do against good teams they can't overwhelm.  Credit to the coach for sticking to his guns but their midfield was overrun as you might expect when it is outnumbered.

David I think is caught in two minds where he thinks he should help out but that is not his strength.  It is tough to judge how good he would be against good teams because they are on their heels so much in that formation. 

Credit to them and their fans for staying in and coming back. 

32 minutes ago, WheatsheafSK said:

Dejan Jakovic makes a rare appearance coming on for the last 16 minutes against the Galaxy as LAFC advance 5-3.

Kaye not on the bench, so not sure if is a bad sign for next week.  If he was close to being back from his hammy injury, I would have hoped that he would have been on the bench last night.   

Wow, didn't realize that MLS Cup was November 10 this year instead of in December.  With that in mind I wouldn't mind LAFC/TFC missing out on the final.

• jordan unpinned this topic