Canadians abroad: Oct 18-Oct 24, 2019

jordan

Norway - 3rd tier - October 19

David Paulmin was in goal for Kvik in a 2-0 loss away to Fredrikstad.  The loss drops Kvik to 2nd place, two points behind Stjørdals-Blink.

Finland - 2nd tier - October 20

Dominic Grondin started and played 80 minutes for EIF in a 2-2 draw with Oulu.

Edited by Sigma78

1 hour ago, Sigma78 said:

Spain - 3rd tier - October 20

Bakr Abdellaoui came on in the 52nd minute for Real Balompédica Linense in a 1-1 draw with Recreativo Granada.

Again, this takes more than just passing on some info. Two sources here say he started the game and got subbed out in the 52nd. Not saying this to criticize you but to help you improve the reporting

https://www.transfermarkt.us/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/3251322

38 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Borjan starting in Champions League vs. the fine young men from North London

Davies on the bench vs. Olympiacos

Good enough to make a 6 outfield player Champions League Bench but not good enough to see minutes in the Bundeslige despite their injury problems :(. 

Hard to remain patient when it comes to Davies. I know he is only 18 years old, but it is painful to watch good opportunities pass him by.

It is Bayern and they'll be more chances, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

What irks me is that Bayern should be beating teams like Olympiakos by 3 and 4 goals. Comfortable leads would allow Kovac the room to give Davies a run out.

But Bayern are not in good form. They keep dropping points in the Bundesliga and won today by the skin of their teeth. And when a team with that much talent struggles, the coach shares some responsibility.

Edited by Obinna

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Hard to remain patient when it comes to Davies. I know he is only 18 years old, but it is painful to watch good opportunities pass him by.

It is Bayern and they'll be more chances, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

What irks me is that Bayern should be beating teams like Olympiakos by 3 and 4 goals. Comfortable leads would allow Kovac the room to give Davies a run out.

But Bayern are not in good form. They keep dropping points in the Bundesliga and won today by the skin of their teeth. And when a team with that much talent struggles, the coach shares some responsibility.

I understand the frustration with watching our 18 year old Canadian Superstar only make the 18 man roster for one of the best footy clubs in history.  I think we all need to take a step back.  To me, the fact he is playing occasionally and making the 18 man roster at his age, is remarkable.  He is clearly in Bayern's plans for the future.  Maybe a loan for more playing time but this would not be a loan and sell situation.  He had a younger debut than Schweinsteiger, Uli Hoeness, Beckenbauer, Rummeniege, Mueller, Lahm and many others.  A few of those latter players had yet to play a minute for Bayern at Davies current age.

He's featured in 5 of their 12 games so far this season so I anticipate he will get plenty of more opportunities this year still.

• jordan unpinned this topic